Dexworld.org

Well itís finally good to see you!

Welcome to the Dexworld.org forums. We like new folks around here, so since you're not registered yet, why donít you drop us a little note so we can get to know you?

We will be more than happy to show you more of our tight little community once we know who you are.

Go Back   Dexworld.org > Game Forums > Day Of Defeat Discussion
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2015, 03:13 AM   #1
Spaceman
n00b

Default Let's make all the maps no cap out 8(

Look, I understand which maps are melee only

If you want to change another aspect of the game (i.e. NO CAP OUT), SPELL IT OUT. Don't be lazy and assume that everyone is listening. Moreover, don't assume that they understand English.

It's easier for me to assume that all maps are no cap out, therefore, I'll concentrate on my K:D ratio (which I really hate to do) and become Ms. January reincarnate (which would please him). Kind of like a tribute.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:25 AM   #2
PHANTOM
The One and Only

It doesn't need to be spelled out, everyone was following the rule that we decided, those that didn't got kicked. You were there the whole time and knew exactly what was going on, then decided to go and do something stupid. Its your own fault, fess up to it. Quit trying to make everything out like its the admins' fault all the time when you are intentionally doing stuff trying to loophole around rules.

As for not listening and not knowing english, that is not our problem. You join any server, you better understand and know the language. If your not listening, well then, I guess you will either stay or go(via kick/ban or leave on your own), again, not our problem. Most of your issues, seem to be client side, which again, is not our problem, its the clients problem to figure out. If they cant follow the simple rules for whatever reason, it is their problem.

Sounds harsh, but we aren't here to baby you.

Not trying to sound like an ass, just stating facts.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:54 AM   #3
TotesMagoats

1) You weren't the only one it happened to. There was someone who was talking on the mic and deliberately being a fuck. Came back saying "why didn't you just say so?" Uhm bitch, we have been saying it the last 5 minutes. Gtfo.
2) Some people are just complete morons. No matter what you say, or type, they don't fucking listen. (see #1)
3) It was typed. By a few people.
4) Don't be an ass. Not all maps are "No Cap Out", and you know that. We did that on that particular map because there weren't a ton of people and it was getting boring as fuck. The one person running in a circle avoiding everyone just to cap the flags...Then we have to wait to spawn and do it all over again? It was boring. We were trying to melee and just have fun. Not spend 75% of the time respawning after a cap out. If it was a shooting map, with more people, then hey CAP THE FUCK OUT. But as a server, we made a decision not to. And there were 2 people being dumb about it...
Old 03-17-2015, 11:59 AM   #4
Mr Nice Guy
Hi! I'm an asshole!

I see texture_pine is still popular.
Mr Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:04 PM   #5
Batman
n00b

Plus it scrolled on the screen numerous time...... Can you not read??

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:13 PM   #6
PHANTOM
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Plus it scrolled on the screen numerous time...... Can you not read??
He knew about the melee, his argument/suggestion is about the flag capping.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:16 PM   #7
TotesMagoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOM View Post
He knew about the melee, his argument/suggestion is about the flag capping.
Pretty sure Batman is talking about that, because we also typed that out...and I think you did in admin chat...Not 100% on that one, but I know it was typed somewhere, a couple times.

Anyways, moral of the story...Everyone knew what was going on. It wasn't that hard to just..........let it go.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:33 PM   #8
Batman
n00b

Don't know why but this whole thing reminded me of this PSA that used to run during Saturday morning cartoons.

http://youtu.be/rCfDK5vhOS0
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:55 PM   #9
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Was this on murky? If so, we have always played dont cap on Murky- at least when Ive played
Old 03-18-2015, 02:02 AM   #10
PHANTOM
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
Was this on murky? If so, we have always played dont cap on Murky- at least when Ive played
Nope, it was texture_pine.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:56 PM   #11
Fysiks
‹ber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
I always cap on dod_murky2 . . . if there's more than 10 people.
Fysiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 06:38 PM   #12
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Yawn
Old 03-18-2015, 07:51 PM   #13
industrial windmill

Good God, I leave for one day- ONE DAY -and all hell breaks loose...
industrial windmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:34 AM   #14
[b7]fluid
‹ber

Space, what's the issue here? As much as i like you, stop being a little bitch and play by the rules or the instructions provided. This isn't the first time weve had to "remind" you. For Pete's sake you're too old to act up like a child every 4 months.
[b7]fluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:23 AM   #15
Spaceman
n00b

why bother talking down to me fluid? haven't seen you in awhile.....I don't think you helped build up the server. not to mention, we started the drinking game on that the stupid map many many years ago......
Old 03-19-2015, 12:31 PM   #16
[b7]fluid
‹ber

ahhh spaceman, you're so cute when you're self righteous! I'm going to give you a purple ribbon for participating!

I ain't talking down to you. I'm pointing out how much of a douche you're being and speaking to you like that until you stop being said douche.

You know, instead of coming onto the forum and being an asshat, with your passive aggressive attempts at criticizing dexworld, you could've just owned up to your mistake and apologized. But no, you whine to us about how you've been mistreated. You seem to forget that our community is pretty lenient in everything that happens on the server and we often times give ample warning (curiously, something you've complained about in the past) before doing any kicking or banning. Especially for "certain" regulars. So when something does go down and you're on the wrong end please don't cry like a little baby because we're getting tired of your antics. If you were really concerned about dexworld, you'd be a leading example of how to behave instead of being the friend who nobody wants to hang out with when they're drunk.

This isn't the first time you've made an ass of yourself and the funny thing is that I've been one of the admins in the past to have chimed in and spoke on your behalf. I guess I wasn't around to help build the server because I was spending too much time sticking up for you.
[b7]fluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:38 PM   #17
Spaceman
n00b

I'm just saying, those weren't the rules on the server the last time I played on the map, which was the last time I played on it, close to 10 years ago when I was actually listening to the voice all the time.

I'm not mad a you fluid. I appreciate your support.....thank you sir, that's sweet of ya, I'm only pissed at the "pros" on the server. that's it. if they can be "pros" then they should be able to afford their own server and we should be able to play on it.

I'm not looking for a fight here, just don't come on so strong.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:26 PM   #18
karupt411
5KI|L$

I rarely post. Everyone knows I've been around for a very long time. If you like me and will take my word then let this one go. Spaceman is a cool dude, never means wrong. Let it go and move on.

/locked pls.
karupt411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:21 PM   #19
TotesMagoats

Karupt,

Spacey is a cool dude, but he can be a douche. Just as everyone can. That particular night was just him not listening/hearing/seeing what was going on. Whatever the case may be, Phantom was in no way singling him out. He is outspoken and butts heads with some people...we all do.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:38 PM   #20
<eVa> Raptor
5KI|L$

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotesMagoats View Post
Karupt,

Spacey is a cool dude, but he can be a douche. Just as everyone can. That particular night was just him not listening/hearing/seeing what was going on. Whatever the case may be, Phantom was in no way singling him out. He is outspoken and butts heads with some people...we all do.
We all butt heads with some people and some of us are just buttheads.

Tags
ms. january