Dexworld.org

Dexworld.org (http://www.dexworld.org/forums/index.php)
-   Ban Board (http://www.dexworld.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Oh Snap! (http://www.dexworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11003)

Zhang Liao 12-23-2015 07:57 AM

Oh Snap!
 
I waited like 4 months to see what you guys would do with Dexworld. I heard your grandiose plans and blah blah blah. You guys aren't community leaders at all. Just a bunch of fucking posers and frauds. I posted this in the ban section so you wouldn't need to move it. Fucking lying assholes.

Zhang

Fysiks 12-23-2015 12:18 PM

Wow, what is wrong with you? You waited for everybody else to do everything . . .

If nobody in the community puts forth any effort to play on a regular basis then we can't really do much (we can't get past the "free will" thing).

Zhang Liao 12-23-2015 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fysiks (Post 136615)
Wow, what is wrong with you? You waited for everybody else to do everything . . .

If nobody in the community puts forth any effort to play on a regular basis then we can't really do much (we can't get past the "free will" thing).

Yeah well then how did I build one of the most popular DayZ servers in the world all by myself then? But you go ahead and make all the excuses you want for what is clearly weak ass effort completely void of any desire to succeed.

Fysiks 12-23-2015 11:04 PM

You chose to not go in the same direction as Dexworld. That's a decision that you made. I'm not sure why you have to be an arrogant asshole about it.

Firefly 12-24-2015 11:56 AM

Well we were told big things were happening and to wait, we waited and got a cs:go server that I can't even remember anyone bringing up. granted I wasn't for the DayZ idea either but I'll admit Zhang has proven me wrong on that and hats off to him for the dedication to get where he's at.

Maybe more people in game wanted cs:go I don't know (My PC refuses to play DoD so I can't find that out) but in hind sight this year has been pretty shocking for new online games, SW BF is a bust in my eyes just not enough content to justify the price, COD Blops3 Sucks out loud and wtf else came out this year?

Zhang Liao 12-24-2015 11:56 AM

Hopeless

Domnatr 12-24-2015 11:59 AM

A lot of us unfortunately zhang have had to come to the realization that games are not the front runners in our lives anymore. It was all great when I was a teenager and a little after, but finding time to do things and play, always gets in the way. Congrats on starting a days server, but the fact is if people do not play, you do not have a server. You could give away a million prizes and giveaways and contests, but if nobody is there to win it, it doesn't make a difference. Now I know I have been extremely absent, but doesn't mean I still don't think of the place or would love to play, just other aspects of my life are preventing that. There is no need however to come on here and bash a place that has always been welcoming you back time and time again when you have had your tirades and quitting the server. Not many places affords people those chances, but Dexworld does. Maybe we aren't really a huge grand gaming community anymore, maybe that is just a direction we should get away from. Maybe Dexworld really now is just a community. We don't need video games to find common ground with one another, because we know much much more than video games about people here. I really don't respect your decision to come to our forums though and piss on everything, that's poor form, and I for one do not appreciate it. Have a good Christmas

Zhang Liao 12-24-2015 10:14 PM

Dom everything you said about Dexworld welcoming me after my tirades is true and other stuff you said is true too I'm sure. But I'm telling the truth here too.

Domnatr 12-24-2015 11:38 PM

But is it so hard to comprehend that maybe the fight is over, maybe just lives are too busy that we cannot continue to offer what once was? I don't see what good, if any, coming on here and bitching a storm does for anyone or anything. Want it to be better, you can change that by playing and bringing people on the server. If we even get new people, the first things on the forums do we want to see someone saying pretty shitty things about dexworld? Seriously, there is a time and place for it, and as the old adage says, if you do not have anything nice to say, dont bother saying it. Christ, I would expect those frantic outbursts from a child, not a middle aged man. The only reason the coming soon was even placed there, was because I and everyone else was tired of seeing the Starbucks resignation topic. Now you are either a part of the solution, which means you will start playing on the server, or a part of the problem, which is nobody playing on the server. As friskies says, free will is still the main issue, and if peoples free will is not to play on the server, no amount of admins or streamers or clowns falling from the ceiling will fix it.

Zhang Liao 12-25-2015 09:52 AM

DOM I go searching for Dexworld's CS:GO server and I can't find it. I can easily find the DOD server though. How can people play on a CS:GO server that they can't find. Certainly this free will nonsense your talking about isn't regarding the DOD server. I mean, if I fish a lake that doesn't have any fish in it I can't blame the fish for their free will. I have to blame myself for the poor lake selection.

You say the fight is over. I say there was no fight.
You say my outbursts are like that of a child. I say the defeated attitude you guys carry on with is childish.
You guys say that you have no time for Dexworld. I say you should have vacated the position to someone more dedicated, rather than driving them all away.

You guys act like it's hard to get/keep a community flourishing but I know it's easy and fun.

I try to help and you guys tell me to take the Dexworld name off the sever and take it away. I named my server "Dexiled" for that very reason.

I'm ticked off because we have leaders that don't have any real desire to keep Dexworld going. I've been listening to all the excuses you guys constantly make for several years now. When will effort prevail and be the primary attitude around here?
If you have no desire to put forth any effort into Dexworld's future then why be an admin? Why not just step down and hang out?

Fysiks 12-25-2015 10:57 AM

I think your anger is misdirected. Most of the people in the Dexworld community (including most admins) don't even have the power to do the things that need to be done (other than play on the servers).

I don't think anyone would argue that there was poor leadership that contributed to the catastrophic event that happened circa mid-2015, leadership that was essentially non-existent and none of us could do anything about it. You met him . . . how invested did you think he was in Dexworld?

And, unfortunately, when the catastrophic event happened, it took most of the momentum out of Dexworld which is obviously hard to recover from.

Zhang Liao 12-25-2015 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fysiks (Post 136628)
I think your anger is misdirected. Most of the people in the Dexworld community (including most admins) don't even have the power to do the things that need to be done (other than play on the servers).

I don't think anyone would argue that there was poor leadership that led to the catastrophic event that happened circa mid-2015, leadership that was essentially non-existent and none of us could do anything about it. You met him . . . how invested did you think he was in Dexworld?

And, unfortunately, when the catastrophic event happened, it took most of the momentum out of Dexworld which is obviously hard to recover from.

Ok, that entire post has the ring of truth to it.

Bait 12-25-2015 06:57 PM

oh taht says dexiled, i thought the serve name was exile

Fysiks 12-26-2015 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bait (Post 136630)
oh taht says dexiled, i thought the serve name was exile

Kids and their obfuscation of the english language . . .

Zhang Liao 12-26-2015 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bait (Post 136630)
oh taht says dexiled, i thought the serve name was exile

Nah, It says Dexiled. However, the server name is the single most important thing in a gaming community. The server name is your one shot at advertising to the random player passing by.

I couldn't just call it Dexiled. I had to get creative with the use of punctuation and such because the server will show up much higher in the sort while people search for servers if the server name starts with punctuation and symbols.

Everything appearing in my server's name is heavily researched and appears for very good reason. Every auto communication in game is to insinuate that I have something they want that they cannot get anywhere else.

[b7]fluid 12-26-2015 12:05 PM

Zhang, I really think you're taking this whole thing wayyy to close to the heart. I am not happy with a lot of things I'm passionate about but I don't go around yelling and screaming like a child because the reality is other things in life are more important to me than playing a video game.

Yes, the CS:GO server hasn't been very successful to this point, but we said we would get one and have. Yes, I've seen your success with the DayZ server and congrats, but holy shit it's a game I just couldn't play. Nobody to talk with and the gameplay continues to make me sleep. Why would I spend my precious time wasting away where there is no real communication and endless walking around. It's just not engaging enough to make me want to play at all and I gave it a chance. Granted I played in the middle of the night, but again, I tried it before and disliked it, and tried it again with your server and my feelings haven't changed.

I think DOM has made some strong points and I agree that maybe we're just a community now instead of a gaming community. Is that bad leadership to admit that? IMO no. I've said this many times before, I've been part of many dod communities and watched each of them die the same way, including the tirades you, spaceman and firefly seem to want to continue like a broken record. There's a better place for you guys to vent you anger - try youtube or an mma forum, i'm sure you'll get your rocks off there.

Don't get me wrong Zhang, I love you and loved that you were at the lan and became part of team China, but I'd prefer you bitch someplace else cause it's just tired. There have been people who've left us and have more of a right to criticize us than you, but have the decency to take the high road and move on.

Zhang Liao 12-26-2015 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b7]fluid (Post 136634)
Zhang, I really think you're taking this whole thing wayyy to close to the heart. I am not happy with a lot of things I'm passionate about but I don't go around yelling and screaming like a child because the reality is other things in life are more important to me than playing a video game.

Yes, the CS:GO server hasn't been very successful to this point, but we said we would get one and have. Yes, I've seen your success with the DayZ server and congrats, but holy shit it's a game I just couldn't play. Nobody to talk with and the gameplay continues to make me sleep. Why would I spend my precious time wasting away where there is no real communication and endless walking around. It's just not engaging enough to make me want to play at all and I gave it a chance. Granted I played in the middle of the night, but again, I tried it before and disliked it, and tried it again with your server and my feelings haven't changed.

I think DOM has made some strong points and I agree that maybe we're just a community now instead of a gaming community. Is that bad leadership to admit that? IMO no. I've said this many times before, I've been part of many dod communities and watched each of them die the same way, including the tirades you, spaceman and firefly seem to want to continue like a broken record. There's a better place for you guys to vent you anger - try youtube or an mma forum, i'm sure you'll get your rocks off there.

Don't get me wrong Zhang, I love you and loved that you were at the lan and became part of team China, but I'd prefer you bitch someplace else cause it's just tired. There have been people who've left us and have more of a right to criticize us than you, but have the decency to take the high road and move on.

Thanks for the big post full of bullshit Fluid.
You also showed up a little late to the party.
Do you also truly feel that encouraging the last few people that want to fight for Dexworld's future to leave? I'm fascinated by that?
DayZ is about playing with your friends. Gearing up together then Hunting as a pack.

You played alone. What did you expect?

Anyways, if you have a CS:GO server why can't I find it? If you have a CS:GO server let's get that thing hopping.

Tallgeese_lll 12-26-2015 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhang Liao (Post 136636)
DayZ is about playing with your friends. Gearing up together then Hunting as a pack.

So like every online video game?

Stu Pidazole 12-26-2015 08:07 PM

So what's the reason for posting in the ban board, Whang Chung? Sorry we're not good enough for you anymore.

Domnatr 12-26-2015 08:24 PM

Onto the point of the Dayz server though, and as much as we appreciated you going ahead and creating the server, never once did we ask you to name it after Dexworld. I realize the passion that you have, but the logistics would never work out. No matter what, you would be the owner of the server and have the final say in what happens, how it is played, and everything else. I know you stated you would add the admins, but that doesn't really do much for us. All we did was regretfully decline from being apart of it, because the control aspect was not there, not that we didn't like what you were doing. So to call it "dexiled" is a false premise, as it was more of a issue with the way you are acting at this point in time, if something went awry, you would get mad and go on a tirade as we see now. Clearly that does nothing for us and the future of the server. There will always be a future of Dexworld though zhang, I belive that whole heartedly. Maybe it won't be with games as I said before, but the community will always be around, I could guarantee that. Too many life long friendships have been made to just throw that away. I realize your feelings are a community can only last if a video game is involved, but I tend to disagree as we are all getting older, and realizing that we just can't devote the time like we used to. Maybe we also need to think of going into more on a console type thing. Just got a brand new ps4 for christmas. Could we by chance get a PS4 topic added to the forums so that we may discuss interactions in that area?

[b7]fluid 12-26-2015 10:11 PM

No Zhang, the bullshit we hear is all coming from people like you. Name calling and trashing dexworld and the people who have spent the time and effort to keep it running doesn't help your credibility at all. Like I said, whine someplace else because we're not going to swayed by anyone throwing tirades because they didn't get what they wanted.

Zhang Liao 12-26-2015 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Domnatr (Post 136639)
Onto the point of the Dayz server though, and as much as we appreciated you going ahead and creating the server, never once did we ask you to name it after Dexworld. I realize the passion that you have, but the logistics would never work out. No matter what, you would be the owner of the server and have the final say in what happens, how it is played, and everything else. I know you stated you would add the admins, but that doesn't really do much for us. All we did was regretfully decline from being apart of it, because the control aspect was not there, not that we didn't like what you were doing. So to call it "dexiled" is a false premise, as it was more of a issue with the way you are acting at this point in time, if something went awry, you would get mad and go on a tirade as we see now. Clearly that does nothing for us and the future of the server. There will always be a future of Dexworld though zhang, I belive that whole heartedly. Maybe it won't be with games as I said before, but the community will always be around, I could guarantee that. Too many life long friendships have been made to just throw that away. I realize your feelings are a community can only last if a video game is involved, but I tend to disagree as we are all getting older, and realizing that we just can't devote the time like we used to. Maybe we also need to think of going into more on a console type thing. Just got a brand new ps4 for christmas. Could we by chance get a PS4 topic added to the forums so that we may discuss interactions in that area?

Dom,

I don't really care about the DayZ server and I honestly think Fysik's post #11 is where it all kind of slammed home for me. My tirades were really just about my desire to see Dexworld flourish and my fear that it would not unless things changed. Shocking the system to create a catalyst for change seamed to be the approach that offered the most favorable percentage chance for success. It seemed to increase admin motivation in the past so I just stuck to the same strategy I had been using. I realize now the futility of such an approach, or any other approach for that matter.

I have a proven track record of launching successful game servers that spans nearly two decades. I may be able to give you guys a few tips If you ever change your minds.

Zhang

WOLFPAC 12-27-2015 05:04 PM

Well fuckin a man .......!!!!
I miss all the fun maybe next year. I still love playing DOD it's not just the game it's the people that are on playing it.

Pac.......

(((Sonic-Death-Monkey))) 12-27-2015 06:13 PM

I'm proud that you were able to create such a "popular" server on an unfinished game that has been losing players. I guess we should have listened to you, huh? There are more people who play CS 1.6 than DayZ. That should tell you something about the state of that game.

Zhang, I really don't know you, and I don't want to know you. You've come across as an insufferable asshole just from your forum posts alone. Why would we ever want your help? Dexworld isn't perfect by any means, but you come across as a walking dumpster fire. Your devotion to this community has gone from something to be appreciated to something that is disturbing.

I'll be happy to take your advice whenever you decide to grow up and chill the fuck out.

Maniac 12-27-2015 06:26 PM

Oh look, another rude tirade from Zhang.

industrial windmill 12-27-2015 06:53 PM

I miss you guys. Not so much the squabbling, but since this is the only recently active thread, thought I'd drop in and say hi.

Hope you guys are well and your holidays happy!

Stu Pidazole 12-27-2015 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by industrial windmill (Post 136663)
I miss you guys. Not so much the squabbling, but since this is the only recently active thread, thought I'd drop in and say hi.

Hope you guys are well and your holidays happy!

Windmill, that's sorta why I chimed in too. Not to throw paper in the dumpster fire, just to show I still check in and comment.

[b7]fluid 12-27-2015 09:52 PM

Um stu dexworld isn't a dumpster. Lol

Here here Sonic. You seem to be a little more eloquent than me tho.

Zhang Liao 12-28-2015 06:41 AM

Sorry guys, my rude tirades have always been about trying to get the community motivated and dedicated to live on. I realize now that it isn't going to happen.
But hey look, I brought some life back to the Dexworld forums. Even though it was only for a short while it's still more than you guys have been able to do!
Enjoy being admins of nothing. Oh and by the way, getting insulted by the arrogant group of admins responsible for running Dexworld into the ground doesn't hurt. It's the fact that you don't take responsibility for what you have all done and work to correct it that hurts so much.

Best wishes,

Zhang

Bait 12-28-2015 09:41 AM

here's to the 2016 dumpster fire party!!!, maybe even a midsummer solstice one.

Zhang Liao 12-28-2015 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bait (Post 136670)
here's to the 2016 dumpster fire party!!!, maybe even a midsummer solstice one.

There is nothing left to catch fire. Most of the very few people still here are the ones who ran it into the ground. They seem to be content with it so there is no real room for hoping they will change. I've been here for 2 months shy of 17 years and yes I'm a little miffed that it's all over.

I'm guilty of being the only one left that has a sense of urgency about it. I am also clearly very guilty of over staying my welcome. But you guys are guilty of just being shitty admins and shitty community leaders. Not because of anything you did or didn't do. Fuck the past. You guys are shitty because of what you won't and will not do to save Dexworld.

Zhang's final post.

Maniac 12-28-2015 12:17 PM

For someone who "cares" so much about Dexworld, it's kind of strange that you haven't been on any Dexworld server in over 5 years. Get out of here with your fakeness!

If you truly cared you wouldn't be such a dick about all the time. I lost my passion for this community partly due to the same dickish attitude you displayed in this thread and partly due to the inaction a few select individuals who hold the keys to making something happen in this community. But not once have I treated them with the disrespect you constantly bring to these forums, your attitude is disgraceful and unwarranted.

Tallgeese_lll 12-28-2015 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhang Liao (Post 136671)
I'm a little miffed that it's all over.

Nothings over you big baby.

Zhang Liao 12-28-2015 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallgeese_lll (Post 136673)
Nothings over you big baby.

Fine guys I'm a douche. But all the admins accepted the job. You guys find a "respectful" way to get them to realize that they are supposed to be performing. They are supposed to be the driving force behind taking the community forward. Because I don't know how to present their complete lack of performance respectfully. All of the excuses and explanations they provide are just proof that they are no longer right for the job.

Where is the enthusiasm? Where is the motivation? Where is the excitement towards a new chapter? Where is the talk of the exciting new things were trying to offer on the new CS:GO server? I would love to be respectful. I would love to offer ideas and join in the optimistic views for Dexworld's future but what is there to believe in? Is there something here to even get excited about? Right now my best hope is to piss them off real bad and hope they try to prove that I'm wrong. Because if they genuinely try to prove me wrong they will succeed. I'll be thrown out on my ass but at least Dexworld will be going strong again.

You guys took the job, the least you could do is try hard. You don't need leadership for that. You just need to take pride in your work.

There. I tried to be respectful. Now, very honestly, I expect to get a whole lot of blah blah blah and nothing at all in the realm of admins trying hard.

Zhang's last post for real this time.

Rocket 12-28-2015 03:18 PM

You've bashed Dexworld on and off no matter who are on the admin teams. You've barely played here on our servers. When you did Dexworld admins never held anything against you and your past gripes on the forums. One of your posts was pretty insulting and over the top. Leadership decided not to ban you and just let you chill. Still you come back not totally in a positive manner. I actually don't know your reason, cause you never seemed to enjoy playing with us. You made a plea to Dexworld admins to watch out for your kid while she played here. She played more than you did in that time period. The admins took care of her, never got a thanks for that, but no biggie. All you do is crap on us and tell us that we aren't doing things the way you prefer them to be. So I guess it's best that you take your leave. Sorry you had so much pain here and good luck to you in your gaming adventures.

Stu Pidazole 12-28-2015 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nothing is over until we say it is...

WOLFPAC 12-28-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac (Post 136672)
For someone who "cares" so much about Dexworld, it's kind of strange that you haven't been on any Dexworld server in over 5 years. Get out of here with your fakeness!

If you truly cared you wouldn't be such a dick about all the time. I lost my passion for this community partly due to the same dickish attitude you displayed in this thread and partly due to the inaction a few select individuals who hold the keys to making something happen in this community. But not once have I treated them with the disrespect you constantly bring to these forums, your attitude is disgraceful and unwarranted.

Don't ever use my DICKISH line with out an ok from me....

Zhang Liao 12-28-2015 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket (Post 136675)
You've bashed Dexworld on and off no matter who are on the admin teams. You've barely played here on our servers. When you did Dexworld admins never held anything against you and your past gripes on the forums. One of your posts was pretty insulting and over the top. Leadership decided not to ban you and just let you chill. Still you come back not totally in a positive manner. I actually don't know your reason, cause you never seemed to enjoy playing with us. You made a plea to Dexworld admins to watch out for your kid while she played here. She played more than you did in that time period. The admins took care of her, never got a thanks for that, but no biggie. All you do is crap on us and tell us that we aren't doing things the way you prefer them to be. So I guess it's best that you take your leave. Sorry you had so much pain here and good luck to you in your gaming adventures.

Rocket,

Let me dig deep into my fondest memories of Dexworld so I can put this as close as I can from one old friend to another. I want you guys to try. I want you guys to give her some hell. Once you get it going it feeds on it's self. The biggest seller of a server is having people on it.

Rule # 1. Never fucking start with the server you want. Always, always, always start with the server you need. (Cuss words said in a friendly way.)

You must find and plot the common characteristics among the most successful servers out there. Find what is selling and fit as much of it as you can into the server name. Sell sell sell!

The days without bots are long gone. But you never want too many. Just enough to give the first couple of guys something to shoot at. I typically like 4 bots. With 4 it will give the lone player in 2 vs 1 some bait he can use to kill the players on the other team. But once a 4th player shows up there are no more bots. This way you get the advantage of having bots while the negative effects of bots are never seen during prime time hours on a popular server.

Rule #2 Auto-Retain your fricking players!

After the Tribes 2 server Dexworld did this exactly right when they launched the counter-strike server. This was sever years before the DOD server. You absolutely must make it cost your players something they would rather not want to give up.
I worded that last part carefully. Because that is the most powerful grip you can realistically expect to maintain.

Here's how Dexworld pulled it off. I would expect virtually all of you to be able to verify the authenticity of this. They changed the dynamic of the game in two ways. FIRST, they decreased the gravity so people could jump up on boxes and each other. This created a situation where players jumping onto other servers felt disappointed when trying to jump up on a box to discover that they could not and would also experience a desire to return to Dexworld.
SECOND, They allowed boosting but only allowed people to boost I person high. This simple little change got people talking to one another. "Hey you Mr. Fizzlestix can you please give me a boost. They MUST talk to each other to get to know one another. The Admins should always be working to expand upon and build the chat into lasting fun and friendships but it works good on it's own and that is key.

After that the admin's jobs get easier well, if you do it right. Find the spunky and enthusiastic jr admins to handle all the video capture hacking ban shit.

Look we all know I'm an asshole and I've been here a really long fucking time. That means I've been Dexworld's asshole for a real long time. Rocket, I do care, in my own asshole-ish way, I really care a whole super lot.

This is very durable and doesn't really require that much work. Even doing the research on what to put into the server name is easy. If it isn't working just try something else.

Then when a large base is built up start slowly changing the server from what you need to what you want. You won't really need to boost anymore because so many people know each other that they get the new people talking. The gravity is always on. They need to regret playing somewhere other than Dexworld.
Never played on Starbuck's server because I stopped playing DOD but I bet they took our gravity setting with them.

I know I've been being an ass. And your right that Dexworld's been good to me. There is much more that a lot of other people have said that's been right too (except fluid). But ultimately it's not about me. I haven't caused anything and I'm not in a position to fix anything either. This is about you and your team Rocket. Everyone needs to know if your going to try to return Dexworld to glory or not. Let's be men here. Say "no" if the answer is no. Say "yes" if you want to give Dexworld a serious go. It's the one question here that absolutely must be answered.

Respectfully yours,

Zhang Liao

PS. I like Fluid, he's a good shit. But I still maintain that all his posts in this thread were bullshit and led no where near the core of the situation which is that question of course. His anger/dislike towards me is justified though.

PSS. Please answer that question in a yes/no format if you could. Because everything else is just BS. I'm pretty sure we have all heard enough BS by now.

[Added later] Sorry it just occurred that "Were not certain" is also a realistic answer to that question right now. But it will still need to be answered.

Zhang Liao 12-28-2015 06:28 PM

Damn that took forever

Zhang Liao 12-28-2015 08:01 PM

Oh and Dom was right. Shit like this doesn't need to linger in the forums. If/when this discussion has run it's course you have my consent to delete it. I won't go blah blah censorship blah blah about it.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:33 AM.

vBulletin Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.