Dexworld.org

Well itís finally good to see you!

Welcome to the Dexworld.org forums. We like new folks around here, so since you're not registered yet, why donít you drop us a little note so we can get to know you?

We will be more than happy to show you more of our tight little community once we know who you are.

Go Back   Dexworld.org > Game Forums > Map suggestions and scripts/plugins
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 11:34 PM   #41
TotesMagoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
whats wrong with avalnights?
I didn't say anything was wrong with it...Besides the fact that it's avalanche. The main issue was playing the same horrid map twice in a row, because someone gets off by nominating horrible maps.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:17 AM   #42
Stu Pidazole
Sorry, I don't speak tard

Starbuck - kudos for the update of an old classic. I also LOVE the bren gun - thanks for including it on the map.

Agree with most of Raptor's comments. Maybe a few sandbags here and there, maybe so you can guard the last flag with an MG. Some additional textures on the walls since it looks a little bland. The boxes in the new alley are a nice touch since you can hide there with your spade.

Don't pay any attention to Bait's bitchin'
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2015, 04:11 PM   #43
industrial windmill

Yes. This. Played it for the first time last night. Loved it. I think the older versions of sherman should be played if we have maybe 12 or 14 on the server, but anymore and star's map should be the one played. It's sooooooooo much better on alleviating the nadefest, not to mention allowing for a bit more expanded gameplay. And it's just neat to sneak through the middle passages heading towards the first.

I'll agree with SDM that it's nice being a bit brighter, but as Stu said, it is somewhat bland in the "opened up" areas. Some more bushes or something for totes to hide in would probably make it more interesting.

Of course, take what I say with a grain of salt concerning gameplay. I rarely reach positive ratios, so it's not like I know what I'm talking about.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:34 PM   #44
Bait
‹ber

Warning for trolling and disobeying the mods

troll troll trooll
....god i remembe rwhen crude made hostile_v2,_v3 and
everyone thought it was a good idea...and then bam the whole week
we'd play all 3 maps back2back....just saying.

Last edited by Starbuck; 02-17-2015 at 07:11 PM..
Old 02-17-2015, 07:09 PM   #45
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

I remembe rwhen people didnt keep complaining
about the same thing over and over in a thread
after being asked NOT to..............JUSSAYIN

Were these forums like most public forums, you would be issued a warning in red, and sent a message saying such. Alas, we only have black.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:05 PM   #46
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

OH SHIT, wait a minute, time out. You couldn't have known this, but I also use a broken version of hammer. There is a bug with something, makes it so I cannot select objects in 3d mode. This means I cannot individually texture each side of an object-face individually. I also cannot manipulate things in 3d view. If you know anything about hammer you probably just went, "Wait, What??" Yes.

What this means is that I have been mapping with a huge handicap, and have to rethink ways of doing things, redesign certain things, just to give the appearance that things look "normal". So if you are in one of my maps, and the ceiling texture is the roof texture, it's because I didnt feel like taking the time to make a room INSIDE the room, just so you could have different textures to bitch about how they dont align. Yeah, in order to make my maps look "normal" I have to double room every part that I want to be able to texture the different faces of (anywhere there is a room to go inside of basically, and then some). I probably spend twice a long as a normal mapper because of this.

So while you are busy telling me the stuff I make isnt worth a damn, and if Im going to make maps, then to make GOOD maps, I am busy working out ways to give you NEW maps for DoD- something which only a few people even try to do anymore. Dangit, Im sorry Im so worked up over this, but do you realize how insulting you are? Dont answer that. I dont want any answers, reasons, or responses.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:31 PM   #47
[AOS] Somerlot
The Duke of Stan

Send a message via MSN to [AOS] Somerlot

Ive had that issues starbuck. Will try to remember how to fix that. Maybe using another FGD will clear that up. If not maybe a fresh hammer install.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:37 PM   #48
Bait
‹ber

why remake a classic when you can just promote existing old ones...there are plenty of really good old maps out there that no one sees. but alas the game is old and people only promote certain types. Its not like BBR (and passing it along to rocket and fyx) took the time and effort to install so many.

Thaw_b4 forexample is prolly like sherman even tho its a kalt remake (its got a big basement). Jussaying thats all. Or remake saints ...thats a good one to remake
Old 02-17-2015, 08:45 PM   #49
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

"why remake a classic"..."you should remake a classic"

Stop please. Saying Thawb4 is like sherman but it is kalt is like saying "You should get a dog, its like a cat, but its a wolf".

Last edited by Starbuck; 02-17-2015 at 09:16 PM..
Old 02-20-2015, 11:41 AM   #50
Maniac
Spazz Out

So, any updates on Sherger, uh Tigman.... Sherman_X_Tiger?

If you are making a recipe, don't forget to add a tablespoon of dod_saints, a teaspoon of dod_northbound, and a dash of dod_hostile.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:06 PM   #51
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Yes, its pretty cool and seems like a different map completely. If you imagine where the first crate is in that hallway on each side in shermX, now there is a doorway. There is a short street the length of the new hallway i had added, parallel to that hallway, with a double flag, that the doorway on access and allies leads to. So, looking at it from above you see the tank in the mid, then the side of tank, then the new courtyard, then the new hallway, and then the new street. Each spawn will have an alley like in tiger, that will lead to this double. Bah, youll just have to wait, words are too hard right now

Last edited by Starbuck; 02-20-2015 at 07:57 PM..
Old 02-20-2015, 05:10 PM   #52
TotesMagoats

Star, I am really excited about this map. With all the changes and such, it's going to be really fantastic! I already enjoy playing the unfinished version!
Old 02-20-2015, 11:37 PM   #53
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Old 02-21-2015, 01:19 AM   #54
Mr Nice Guy
Hi! I'm an asshole!

These textures are looking more and more like those abandoned asylums that ghost hunters kick dirt around and yell stupid things at the walls in.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:53 AM   #55
industrial windmill

Wait, when did you add the water?
Old 02-21-2015, 01:17 PM   #56
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Havent lol.. I will for you
Old 02-21-2015, 03:32 PM   #57
DooDols
5KI|L$

Good map overall. Thanks for the remake Star! But I do think the mid area needs boxes or bushes other than the tank itself, it seems so barren with only the tank in the middle.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:47 PM   #58
TotesMagoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
Havent lol.. I will for you
You need the water that admins throw people in....and like a giant pool that we can just chill in :D haha
Old 02-21-2015, 06:47 PM   #59
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Thanks Doodols, and yeah, totally working on that, the remake is a bit rough still, but you will like the new version i think
Old 02-21-2015, 07:23 PM   #60
[b7]fluid
‹ber

omg bait you are the densest non-troll troller i know!
Closed Thread