Dexworld.org

Well itís finally good to see you!

Welcome to the Dexworld.org forums. We like new folks around here, so since you're not registered yet, why donít you drop us a little note so we can get to know you?

We will be more than happy to show you more of our tight little community once we know who you are.

Go Back   Dexworld.org > Game Forums > Map suggestions and scripts/plugins
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 07:05 PM   #61
Bait
‹ber

grunt urgh argh grunt oo oo o er belch troll?
translation:
looks like that street map we use to play....aside from the middle viny area.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:50 AM   #62
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Yes. It is SHERMAN. I get it, you dont like it. But i havent heard you say anything good about any of my maps so far, so oh well, whatever. I did ask you to not post here. Perhaps that sounded like a joke to you, but I just dont want to read your misspelled sarcasm anymore. If you have something positive and ACTUALLY constructive then you may keep posting. Until then though I dont want to read anything trolly. As I said before, other internet forums would have given multiple warnings by now and maybe even temp banned you from the forums. Dexworld isnt other forums however, we put up with caustic BS for an eternity before we act. So here is your second warning.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:45 PM   #63
Bait
‹ber

just ban me already ...clearly you need everyone to like anything you create.
Even if the criticism is constructive...you need it to be positive

* tank mid...the mid roof has a gap in the shingles on the axis side.
* axis loft...why is there rock/stone wall on only one face of a room
* axis loft...i don't know if its a texture glitch on the model or all
HL ladders but the ladder loses perspective at different angles (perhaps its dod being an
old game)

* axis loft ...first floor is that sand interior on the inside?

* axis backalley near mid... there a crack in the texture on the right side.
just under the window/shutters (is it a zooka wall?)

* tank mid...don't know if its done onpurpose ...but the vine boundary seems awfully straight for a biological environment

* tank mid...big door seems awfully squarish but that might just cuz dod is an old game.

* allie loft...the exterior don't know if the rock wall is suppose to be disaligned
at the top...facing the loft...left side

* allie loft....interior why are the roof top textures inside? (actually axis loft has the same texture

* allie tunnel (b/w 1st and 2nd) ...what is the purpose of the 2nd texture

* new sherman tunnel ...is it suppose to be 2 textures on the ceiling?

* won't drone on about the roof parts cuz we never see them anyway
Old 02-24-2015, 07:25 PM   #64
Fysiks
‹ber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
just ban me already ...clearly you need everyone to like anything you create.
Even if the criticism is constructive...you need it to be positive
To be fair, none of your comments in this thread directed at Starbuck or the map were constructive criticism (with the exception of this latest one).
Old 02-24-2015, 07:58 PM   #65
Bait
‹ber

FYX: to be fair, how are these not constructive criticisms

*"so there's more versions to nominated?"
Your a programmer...in programming there's that intuition, not to reinvent the wheel.
You don't recode STL,C/C++ or javascript or python. Just like u shouldn't remap sherman
or any other redundant map (and sherman is 2_b6 and cal)....unless for your own enjoyment and knowhow.
ALso i distinctly remember you talking about saints/cr44 once before.

[and most of the other posts are different ways of saying don't reinvent the wheel]
ie "looks like that street map we use to play"

*"hostile_v2,_v3" I'm guessing playing those back-to-back were before your time
(tho i don't think so)...but those were some "Fun" days...also the days when lennon
version were played back-to-back [ and those lennon maps are pretty different]

*"besides your maps have alot of texture mismatches to it (and random puttogethers) [...]"
Aren't textures suppose to mean something in mapmaking/leveldesign?

*and anotehr post was where starbucks assumes i never tried mapping bbefore
Old 02-24-2015, 08:13 PM   #66
TotesMagoats

That map was just a rough draft of something she is really excited about. This new sherman is going to be a lot better than the other ones. It already was better in my opinion, and that was before she made changes and such. All the maps with duplicates aren't played back to back, often. And 97% of the time, everyone likes a certain version over the others. She doesn't make maps for a living, so there's gonna be some tweaks here and there, but for the most part, everything she does is perfected to her liking, and a good portion of ours.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:31 PM   #67
Bait
‹ber

"everyone likes a certain version over the others:"

* There's a reason why lennon was removed frmo teh server and all versions of it.
* clearly playing hostile,v1,v2,v3 was before your time
* as is saints/kettle/cr44 (but most people forget about cr44)
Old 02-24-2015, 08:39 PM   #68
TotesMagoats

Quote:
"everyone likes a certain version over the others:"

* There's a reason why lennon was removed frmo teh server and all versions of it.
* clearly playing hostile,v1,v2,v3 was before your time
* as is saints/kettle/cr44 (but most people forget about cr44)
~Lennon is on the server, multiple versions, but we play b2 95% of the time.
~Obviously it was, but how often does that happen?
~If most people forget it, then nominate it.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:42 PM   #69
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

You know this is the first version, never been tried, bound to have issues, right? That putting it on the server was ONLY to see how it could handle a full server, and to be able to get data to edit the changes id made?? I am well aware there are tiny nit-picky details that need to be straightened out. What you are doing to me essentially is coming up to me chiseling a sculpture from a block of marble, and havent chiseled any features on the head yet, and you are standing there saying "The nose is too big." when there isnt even a nose sculpted out of it yet.

Quote:
*"besides your maps have alot of texture mismatches to it (and random puttogethers) [...]"
Aren't textures suppose to mean something in mapmaking/leveldesign?
That there was almost no effort put in on the textures (again I repeat, again I repeat), that I only used two textures just to get it "playable". Also, when I copied it over originally I had to make the whole map one texture(that sand texture you pointed out). That means that texturing it to the point you see it now was a headache, having to individually select brushes to texture. To make sense of a map one will quickly fill in with almost any texture, just to get defination. But it's fine, because it was just the rough draft. Just like a drawing you fill in the details after blocking in the shading (what Ive been doing in the weeks since releasing the first). Anyway, whatever LOL. Fysiks, please remove the map from the server until the next version please. That version is bare bones and not meant for extended play.

Quote:
* tank mid...don't know if its done onpurpose ...but the vine boundary seems awfully straight for a biological environment
Im sorry, but this made me laugh for real.

Im not going to ban you Bait, despite everyone in the hockey thread wanting me to. I just wish you would stop sounding like a broken record. The level of constructive criticism for a rough draft is what Fluff said "widen the side area" not "the vine boundary seems awfully straight for a biological environment"... Though I will tuck that one away for the final draft, and try to do something about that for you. Also, please explain "random puttogethers"? Im assuming you mean two textures that dont seem like they belong together? Oh also, the programming analogy just doesnt work....Its close, but mapmaking is so much different than that. You are comparing something that needs rigid rules, with something that is only limited by your imagination.

Last edited by Starbuck; 02-24-2015 at 10:04 PM..
Old 02-25-2015, 05:52 AM   #70
Bait
‹ber

"its close, but mapmaking is so much different than that. You are comparing something that needs rigid rules, with something that is only limited by your imagination"

Sorry this made me laugh.
Are u even a coder? If so what is the most modern topic you've read about programming? YOu've mentioned that you use photoshop...you do realize what type of coding/math goes in there right with all the shading ,tessellation ,fogs , blur , mask ,lighting and other effects right? [I suggest looking up fractal art and Escher or Hofstatsder(but i would assume you know who Escher is)]

* Your trying to mapmake...you know what types of tools your using right? and what field it comes from? with the tesselation/modelling /lighting /smoke? Well i guess dod is old school so the new stuff they do in games wouldn't be included

* you said you use a tablet so i take it you've used 3dsmax , maya, softimage? or at least seen what they do

* you watch pixar/dreamwork movies right and any 3D /CGI movie?

* you've heard of that computer that won jeopardy?

* you've read that post by Niceguy on robotics?

* Apple's Siri? or the other guy with the speech rec book
* wolfram's alpha Q&A?

* you do realize the boundaries Google/Facebook are pushing with data processing
Old 02-25-2015, 05:54 AM   #71
Bait
‹ber

"he level of constructive criticism for a rough draft is what Fluff said "widen the side area" not "the vine boundary seems awfully straight for a biological environment""

I'm sorry i guess i dont' see what your map is suppose to be about? not mapmaking i guess Might as well stick to color maps (tho i guess dod is an old game). Why even add texture on your first release if your just testing to see the capacity of the map.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:41 AM   #72
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Quote:
"he level of constructive criticism for a rough draft is what Fluff said "widen the side area" not "the vine boundary seems awfully straight for a biological environment""

I'm sorry i guess i dont' see what your map is suppose to be about? not mapmaking i guess Might as well stick to color maps (tho i guess dod is an old game). Why even add texture on your first release if your just testing to see the capacity of the map.
If you reread, I answered this already. (Again).
Old 02-25-2015, 07:46 AM   #73
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Quote:
"its close, but mapmaking is so much different than that. You are comparing something that needs rigid rules, with something that is only limited by your imagination"

Sorry this made me laugh.
Are u even a coder? If so what is the most modern topic you've read about programming? YOu've mentioned that you use photoshop...you do realize what type of coding/math goes in there right with all the shading ,tessellation ,fogs , blur , mask ,lighting and other effects right? [I suggest looking up fractal art and Escher or Hofstatsder(but i would assume you know who Escher is)]

* Your trying to mapmake...you know what types of tools your using right? and what field it comes from? with the tesselation/modelling /lighting /smoke? Well i guess dod is old school so the new stuff they do in games wouldn't be included

* you said you use a tablet so i take it you've used 3dsmax , maya, softimage? or at least seen what they do

* you watch pixar/dreamwork movies right and any 3D /CGI movie?

* you've heard of that computer that won jeopardy?

* you've read that post by Niceguy on robotics?

* Apple's Siri? or the other guy with the speech rec book
* wolfram's alpha Q&A?

* you do realize the boundaries Google/Facebook are pushing with data processing
I am not a Coder Bait, and you know that! I am a person who taught themself how to use a jury-rigged version of Hammer! Please, go back and actually READ what Ive written to you! I am someone who can use existing tools in ways they arent intended, to come up with a result I need. WTF man! I said I use a tablet? When did I say that, ever? None of what you are saying has any relevance to the OP. I understand that code itself is used to make things, all sorts of things. But no, I dont use any code EVER in Hammer. Im an artist and a creator, not a programmer, not a math girl. This thread is about the map, not ways to once again come across as superior.

Last edited by Starbuck; 02-25-2015 at 11:35 AM..
Old 02-25-2015, 11:35 AM   #74
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

If you want to have a conversation about what is troubling you, then PM me. This thread is hereby locked again. This is a thread to discuss the map in a constructive manner. There is a difference between constructive criticism and nit-picking negative DEstructive criticism. If you an issue with me this isnt the place to air your grievances passive aggressively.