Dexworld.org

Well itís finally good to see you!

Welcome to the Dexworld.org forums. We like new folks around here, so since you're not registered yet, why donít you drop us a little note so we can get to know you?

We will be more than happy to show you more of our tight little community once we know who you are.

Go Back   Dexworld.org > General > Ban Board
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #21
Tallgeese_lll
Your mother

Quote:
One Player - One Name. Changing your name while playing disrupts the flow of the game and it prevents players from getting to know you as a regular. In general, please try to keep one name, or a close variation of it.
I'm not so sure POO IN A BUCKET is a close variation to Ikon (in fact it's far off lol), unless he wanted to insult himself.

But only in their dreams can men truly be free. Twas always thus, and always thus will be
Tallgeese_lll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #22
[b7]fluid
‹ber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallgeese_lll View Post
I'm not so sure POO IN A BUCKET is a close variation to Ikon (in fact it's far off lol), unless he wanted to insult himself.
Mcboner Sandwhich could also be a close representation as well.

Anyways, as Dom stated, one person, one name.
[b7]fluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #23
Fysiks
‹ber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domnatr View Post
That is truly how I feel it should be. The purpose of one name only is so that people on the server get to know you. Not this come in with a different name because that is how you feel that particular day. At least that is why the rule was implemented so long ago. It is pretty obvious you shouldn't be changing your name throughout gameplay. I for one can't stand when you are playing against a seemingly unknown, then you look up the steam id and see that it is a regular. If you truly want to be a no name random, go another server, but if I catch that person doing it, prepare for an hour long session to remind yourself the privelage it is to play here.

I truly don't get where that rule all of a sudden changed to just not on server. It has been so bastardized and beat up from its original intention. I should know I was around when it was made up.... It's quite simple, on Dexworld you start with one name, and you stick with that name. Go on another server and switch it up, I do not care, but around here it should be as the rule states "ONE player, ONE name". The explanation is literally in the rule, not a hard concept folks.
This is how it should be. It also implies that you choose a respectable name that can be said [out loud] by everyone without hesitation.

Thanks Dom for explaining it this way, I've not heard it said this way before and I like it.
Fysiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #24
Rocket
See I told ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fysiks View Post
It also implies that you choose a respectable name that can be said [out loud] by everyone without hesitation.
Nice try but ...uhh, no. We allow a lot of different names here as long as your name isn't racist, sexist, etc. The admins are adept at identifying names we don't allow. We won't kick ban you if your name is Poo Poo Bucket, but we will act if you change it in game. We will keep your suggestion on file in case we decide to ammend the rules in the future.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #25
[AOS] Somerlot
The Duke of Stan

Send a message via MSN to [AOS] Somerlot

Hey could you guys repeat that, I couldn't hear you.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #26
Fysiks
‹ber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Nice try but ...uhh, no. We allow a lot of different names here as long as your name isn't racist, sexist, etc. The admins are adept at identifying names we don't allow. We won't kick ban you if your name is Poo Poo Bucket, but we will act if you change it in game. We will keep your suggestion on file in case we decide to ammend the rules in the future.
Fine, let me say it this way then: I have inferred that that is what it means.
Fysiks is offline   Reply With Quote