Dexworld.org

Well itís finally good to see you!

Welcome to the Dexworld.org forums. We like new folks around here, so since you're not registered yet, why donít you drop us a little note so we can get to know you?

We will be more than happy to show you more of our tight little community once we know who you are.

Go Back   Dexworld.org > Game Forums > Map suggestions and scripts/plugins
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 06:06 PM   #21
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fysiks View Post
That can be changed easily without Starbuck having to re-compile (but she'll want to do it for the next iteration for sure). This assumes you are referring to the flags that are capped when a round starts.
yeah, they were backwards lol. I had a bunch of complaints about weapons though, so I may just put it back to normal? At first I am just removing the paratroop guns from the axis though
Old 02-16-2015, 06:59 PM   #22
Bait
‹ber

"If you want people to know other maps it is a process of nominating, playing, discussing, name-dropping- and then doing it again and again."

yah like noones tried that before...many threads in these forums just dedicated to that topic alone. Unless its enforced like it was on GS/95th servers it will never happen on this server.

you said that you 'd like to try new maps...yet you're just trying to fix a old one...wahts teh point

might as well just play
sherman, sherman2 ,calsherman ,sherman_x backto back
then add hostile ,v2 and v3 and keep that the nightly rotation
Old 02-16-2015, 07:42 PM   #23
[b7]fluid
‹ber

Bait, your hockey sense is just as bad as your common sense. Don't beleaguer the point. Save that for the hockey thread!
Old 02-16-2015, 07:51 PM   #24
industrial windmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
"If you want people to know other maps it is a process of nominating, playing, discussing, name-dropping- and then doing it again and again."

yah like noones tried that before...many threads in these forums just dedicated to that topic alone. Unless its enforced like it was on GS/95th servers it will never happen on this server.

you said that you 'd like to try new maps...yet you're just trying to fix a old one...wahts teh point

might as well just play
sherman, sherman2 ,calsherman ,sherman_x backto back
then add hostile ,v2 and v3 and keep that the nightly rotation
Well, at least it's not avalanche, avalanchenight,
avalanche2, avalanchethereckoning, avalancheuptheass, and avalanche3, filling up ALL the nomination slots. Because we did that the other night, and my wrists are still healing.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:51 PM   #25
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Bait, I can show you where to download the map making program and you can make your own maps. Till then, shh
Old 02-16-2015, 08:10 PM   #26
<eVa> Raptor
5KI|L$

How about you guys set a night that is ONLY custom maps? and not just "custom" maps but rather non-regular maps? im enjoying the new maps we see keep popping up, and sure, a few are absolute shit, but as long as there is an admin on who can pop up a quick vote (dont say RTV alot of people will hit 1 or 2 for a Yes or No question but wont be bothered to type in RTV) and see if a change is warranted then i dont see why not?

Though I have come to learn any sort of change on this server seems to be shot down rather quickly and aggressively.......

And Star, don't listen to bait. It might share a the same underlying foundations and the same name as Sherman, but adding that extra side and possibly adding sewers makes it a whole new map. As I said, full server on and it felt much more spreadout and not the absolute nade fest that Sherman is.

Keep up the good work. I appreciate all your hard work and time and the results are coming out great. I think 3 Kings is a great map (except when Monkey destroys my little fort above the well)
Old 02-16-2015, 08:30 PM   #27
Bait
‹ber

what makes u think i have tried? I've known partspro/fuji/trooper quite a long time.
I think it was him who introduced me to worldcraft and i know i don't have neither the talent or patience for it...

* besides your maps have alot of texture mismatches to it (and random puttogethers)... whats the point of putting textures/objects on the map if they don't align. If your trying to be a level designer you need these critiques. If your just trying to make fun maps you might as well go with colour-maps....look at bomberman its a ridiculously fun map with what 4 colors?

fluid: you barely play anymo so keep your kessel (ur girlffriend? i asuume) loving to yourself
(btw who wears the wig) =]

raptor: custom map night? lmao already tried. ONLY BBR has ever fully tried it...well not just tried but successfully did cuz he would just override any mapvote stock win with anotehr custom mapvote...funnyshit (i think astronomy use to do it too...but his complaint was that he would enver remember any mapnames). Those were the good days
Old 02-16-2015, 08:39 PM   #28
[AOS] Somerlot
The Duke of Stan

Send a message via MSN to [AOS] Somerlot

As a map maker sometimes its hard to get real constructive criticism. The great thing, and always the most laborious, is getting a working copy of a map. Congrats again on that Starbuck, I know the work it takes.

The beauty of this is that we can all shape this map into something that is fun/different. Obviously all the suggestions cant be used, but I hope to see some good suggestions here.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:08 PM   #29
industrial windmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
ONLY BBR has ever fully tried it...well not just tried but successfully did cuz he would just override any mapvote stock win with anotehr custom mapvote...funnyshit (i think astronomy use to do it too...but his complaint was that he would enver remember any mapnames). Those were the good days
Yeah, I was here only shortly before his death, but I do remember that, and miss it. Also, I miss one particular map he always liked to play, that I really don't remember playing since. It was a street map, with several odd backalleys (hedges, maze-like, etc), and attics to snipe from. I have no clue the name, but we played often with buhbuh online.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:46 PM   #30
Fysiks
‹ber

Quote:
Originally Posted by industrial windmill View Post
It was a street map, with several odd backalleys (hedges, maze-like, etc), and attics to snipe from. I have no clue the name, but we played often with buhbuh online.
Was it BBR's map? dod_booboo_7
Old 02-16-2015, 09:58 PM   #31
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

I spend a lot of time making sure things look good for a final map. I dont know what you are referring to, but please stop, stop trying to be mean, and stop posting in this thread. You are being a troll Bait, stop it. I am not joking.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:03 PM   #32
industrial windmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fysiks View Post
Was it BBR's map? dod_booboo_7
Hrmm, it's hard to tell from the picture.

You know, now that I start to remember, I'm seeing a bunch of maps we used to play three or four years ago that we haven't touched since....
Old 02-16-2015, 10:03 PM   #33
industrial windmill

God, I've been here three or four years already?!?
Old 02-16-2015, 10:04 PM   #34
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

ONE OF US
Old 02-16-2015, 10:22 PM   #35
Mr Nice Guy
Hi! I'm an asshole!

Quote:
Yeah, I was here only shortly before his death, but I do remember that, and miss it. Also, I miss one particular map he always liked to play, that I really don't remember playing since. It was a street map, with several odd backalleys (hedges, maze-like, etc), and attics to snipe from. I have no clue the name, but we played often with buhbuh online.
Aww gee if only we knew some angry person who memorized all the map names and doesn't give a fuck what people nominate to orchestrate such an event.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:28 PM   #36
(((Sonic-Death-Monkey)))
high fidelity

I like how the map is bright and not dark.

10/10
Old 02-16-2015, 10:31 PM   #37
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Nice Guy View Post
Aww gee if only we knew some angry person who memorized all the map names and doesn't give a fuck what people nominate to orchestrate such an event.
I nominate Mr Nice Guy!
Old 02-16-2015, 10:38 PM   #38
industrial windmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Nice Guy View Post
Hey, were you here the other night when a number of Nobel prize winners nominated four different versions of avalanche?

Yeah. So, there's that.

Also, sentence structure.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:04 PM   #39
TotesMagoats

Quote:
Hey, were you here the other night when a number of Nobel prize winners nominated four different versions of avalanche?.
Omg...............Don't even bring that up again, please. That was sad and pathetic. Because changing the lighting of the SAME FUCKING MAP, changes the fact that we JUST played it.
Thank you admins for changing it, but still. Total bullshit.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:16 PM   #40
Bait
‹ber

"Aww gee if only we knew some angry person who memorized all the map names and doesn't give a fuck what people nominate to orchestrate such an event."

yah niceguy as the next admin...100map rotation awesome!
whats wrong with avalnights?
Closed Thread