Dexworld.org

Well itís finally good to see you!

Welcome to the Dexworld.org forums. We like new folks around here, so since you're not registered yet, why donít you drop us a little note so we can get to know you?

We will be more than happy to show you more of our tight little community once we know who you are.

Go Back   Dexworld.org > Game Forums > Map suggestions and scripts/plugins
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2015, 11:40 AM   #21
Maniac
Spazz Out

FTFY=FIxed that For you
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:26 PM   #22
Rabid Wookie
ooo Touch my Traa Laaa La! My Ding Ding Dong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotesMagoats View Post
Well.....if it was that easy, we wouldn't play dumb maps all the time....nobody listens to us.

I hate it when people say that. Mainly because those "Dumb Maps" (And I am assuming by "Dumb Maps" you are talking about the Kalt, Tiger, Saints that are played all the time) are ones that people are familiar with and will join the server to play them.

And also, those dumb maps are one's that I like to play because I know how the map works and where people are coming from, where the snipers like to hide. And so do other players. The maps that are well known take learning the map out of the equation and just puts the skill of the player out there for all to see.

I do try to learn a map, but if it has some funked up area that the map maker didn't put in right (Invisible Sandbags, Invisible walls, one little lip on the ground that stops a person cold) That shuts down the fun for me right there. That's pretty much why I only join when the server is on a map I know. I hop in and have some fun. Nothing sours a game more than bad map design or allowing exploits of the map to happen.

/end rant

Back to work for me.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:55 PM   #23
TotesMagoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
FTFY=FIxed that For you
I didn't even notice what he did....He's a loser... Thank you for decoding the internet lingo for me. Some of us still speak like normal humans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Wookie View Post
I hate it when people say that. Mainly because those "Dumb Maps" (And I am assuming by "Dumb Maps" you are talking about the Kalt, Tiger, Saints that are played all the time) are ones that people are familiar with and will join the server to play them.
Ohhh Wookie. I am not necessarily talking about Kalt, Tiger and Saints, as those 3 maps I do enjoy. I have no problems with "dumb maps" (with the exception of a few that I absolutely cannot stand). I have a problem playing them on a full server. I also don't enjoy playing those same maps OVER and OVER, when the server has umpteen-million maps to choose from. (I'd rather play a custom map thirty times in a row, than play Anzio twice. Just my opinion.) I also don't enjoy the guys who nominate stupid shit that completely kills the server. (ex; We have a full server, some moron nominates Wolfie, the server dies to 7v7 and the allies team isn't even trying anymore.... )There are plenty of custom maps that we play regularly that can be played, and plenty of custom maps that could be nominated and are actually GREAT maps. When we convince the majority to vote for "new maps" and we play it, 95% of the time, they are great. I understand the whole "stick to what you know", but people need to expand their DoD map list.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:01 PM   #24
Fysiks
‹ber

Hey now, dod_wolfie is best when it's a full server (because you can expect to lose some "unwilling to play rare maps" players and still have enough to play). It doesn't always kill the server.
Fysiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:42 PM   #25
TotesMagoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fysiks View Post
Hey now, dod_wolfie is best when it's a full server (because you can expect to lose some "unwilling to play rare maps" players and still have enough to play). It doesn't always kill the server.
Yes, yes it does...............haha.