Dexworld.org

Well itís finally good to see you!

Welcome to the Dexworld.org forums. We like new folks around here, so since you're not registered yet, why donít you drop us a little note so we can get to know you?

We will be more than happy to show you more of our tight little community once we know who you are.

Go Back   Dexworld.org > General > Ban Board
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2015, 10:11 PM   #21
[b7]fluid
‹ber

No Zhang, the bullshit we hear is all coming from people like you. Name calling and trashing dexworld and the people who have spent the time and effort to keep it running doesn't help your credibility at all. Like I said, whine someplace else because we're not going to swayed by anyone throwing tirades because they didn't get what they wanted.
[b7]fluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:50 PM   #22
Zhang Liao
Hi! I'm an asshole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domnatr View Post
Onto the point of the Dayz server though, and as much as we appreciated you going ahead and creating the server, never once did we ask you to name it after Dexworld. I realize the passion that you have, but the logistics would never work out. No matter what, you would be the owner of the server and have the final say in what happens, how it is played, and everything else. I know you stated you would add the admins, but that doesn't really do much for us. All we did was regretfully decline from being apart of it, because the control aspect was not there, not that we didn't like what you were doing. So to call it "dexiled" is a false premise, as it was more of a issue with the way you are acting at this point in time, if something went awry, you would get mad and go on a tirade as we see now. Clearly that does nothing for us and the future of the server. There will always be a future of Dexworld though zhang, I belive that whole heartedly. Maybe it won't be with games as I said before, but the community will always be around, I could guarantee that. Too many life long friendships have been made to just throw that away. I realize your feelings are a community can only last if a video game is involved, but I tend to disagree as we are all getting older, and realizing that we just can't devote the time like we used to. Maybe we also need to think of going into more on a console type thing. Just got a brand new ps4 for christmas. Could we by chance get a PS4 topic added to the forums so that we may discuss interactions in that area?
Dom,

I don't really care about the DayZ server and I honestly think Fysik's post #11 is where it all kind of slammed home for me. My tirades were really just about my desire to see Dexworld flourish and my fear that it would not unless things changed. Shocking the system to create a catalyst for change seamed to be the approach that offered the most favorable percentage chance for success. It seemed to increase admin motivation in the past so I just stuck to the same strategy I had been using. I realize now the futility of such an approach, or any other approach for that matter.

I have a proven track record of launching successful game servers that spans nearly two decades. I may be able to give you guys a few tips If you ever change your minds.

Zhang
Zhang Liao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 05:04 PM   #23
WOLFPAC

Well fuckin a man .......!!!!
I miss all the fun maybe next year. I still love playing DOD it's not just the game it's the people that are on playing it.

Pac.......
WOLFPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 06:13 PM   #24
(((Sonic-Death-Monkey)))
high fidelity

I'm proud that you were able to create such a "popular" server on an unfinished game that has been losing players. I guess we should have listened to you, huh? There are more people who play CS 1.6 than DayZ. That should tell you something about the state of that game.

Zhang, I really don't know you, and I don't want to know you. You've come across as an insufferable asshole just from your forum posts alone. Why would we ever want your help? Dexworld isn't perfect by any means, but you come across as a walking dumpster fire. Your devotion to this community has gone from something to be appreciated to something that is disturbing.

I'll be happy to take your advice whenever you decide to grow up and chill the fuck out.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:26 PM   #25
Maniac
Spazz Out

Oh look, another rude tirade from Zhang.
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 06:53 PM   #26
industrial windmill

I miss you guys. Not so much the squabbling, but since this is the only recently active thread, thought I'd drop in and say hi.

Hope you guys are well and your holidays happy!
industrial windmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:29 PM   #27
Stu Pidazole
Sorry, I don't speak tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by industrial windmill View Post
I miss you guys. Not so much the squabbling, but since this is the only recently active thread, thought I'd drop in and say hi.

Hope you guys are well and your holidays happy!
Windmill, that's sorta why I chimed in too. Not to throw paper in the dumpster fire, just to show I still check in and comment.
Stu Pidazole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 09:52 PM   #28
[b7]fluid
‹ber

Um stu dexworld isn't a dumpster. Lol

Here here Sonic. You seem to be a little more eloquent than me tho.
[b7]fluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:41 AM   #29
Zhang Liao
Hi! I'm an asshole!

Sorry guys, my rude tirades have always been about trying to get the community motivated and dedicated to live on. I realize now that it isn't going to happen.
But hey look, I brought some life back to the Dexworld forums. Even though it was only for a short while it's still more than you guys have been able to do!
Enjoy being admins of nothing. Oh and by the way, getting insulted by the arrogant group of admins responsible for running Dexworld into the ground doesn't hurt. It's the fact that you don't take responsibility for what you have all done and work to correct it that hurts so much.

Best wishes,

Zhang
Old 12-28-2015, 09:41 AM   #30
Bait
‹ber

here's to the 2016 dumpster fire party!!!, maybe even a midsummer solstice one.
Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:30 AM   #31
Zhang Liao
Hi! I'm an asshole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
here's to the 2016 dumpster fire party!!!, maybe even a midsummer solstice one.
There is nothing left to catch fire. Most of the very few people still here are the ones who ran it into the ground. They seem to be content with it so there is no real room for hoping they will change. I've been here for 2 months shy of 17 years and yes I'm a little miffed that it's all over.

I'm guilty of being the only one left that has a sense of urgency about it. I am also clearly very guilty of over staying my welcome. But you guys are guilty of just being shitty admins and shitty community leaders. Not because of anything you did or didn't do. Fuck the past. You guys are shitty because of what you won't and will not do to save Dexworld.

Zhang's final post.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:17 PM   #32
Maniac
Spazz Out

For someone who "cares" so much about Dexworld, it's kind of strange that you haven't been on any Dexworld server in over 5 years. Get out of here with your fakeness!

If you truly cared you wouldn't be such a dick about all the time. I lost my passion for this community partly due to the same dickish attitude you displayed in this thread and partly due to the inaction a few select individuals who hold the keys to making something happen in this community. But not once have I treated them with the disrespect you constantly bring to these forums, your attitude is disgraceful and unwarranted.
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:43 PM   #33
Tallgeese_lll
Your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhang Liao View Post
I'm a little miffed that it's all over.
Nothings over you big baby.

But only in their dreams can men truly be free. Twas always thus, and always thus will be
Tallgeese_lll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 02:27 PM   #34
Zhang Liao
Hi! I'm an asshole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallgeese_lll View Post
Nothings over you big baby.
Fine guys I'm a douche. But all the admins accepted the job. You guys find a "respectful" way to get them to realize that they are supposed to be performing. They are supposed to be the driving force behind taking the community forward. Because I don't know how to present their complete lack of performance respectfully. All of the excuses and explanations they provide are just proof that they are no longer right for the job.

Where is the enthusiasm? Where is the motivation? Where is the excitement towards a new chapter? Where is the talk of the exciting new things were trying to offer on the new CS:GO server? I would love to be respectful. I would love to offer ideas and join in the optimistic views for Dexworld's future but what is there to believe in? Is there something here to even get excited about? Right now my best hope is to piss them off real bad and hope they try to prove that I'm wrong. Because if they genuinely try to prove me wrong they will succeed. I'll be thrown out on my ass but at least Dexworld will be going strong again.

You guys took the job, the least you could do is try hard. You don't need leadership for that. You just need to take pride in your work.

There. I tried to be respectful. Now, very honestly, I expect to get a whole lot of blah blah blah and nothing at all in the realm of admins trying hard.

Zhang's last post for real this time.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:18 PM   #35
Rocket
See I told ya!

You've bashed Dexworld on and off no matter who are on the admin teams. You've barely played here on our servers. When you did Dexworld admins never held anything against you and your past gripes on the forums. One of your posts was pretty insulting and over the top. Leadership decided not to ban you and just let you chill. Still you come back not totally in a positive manner. I actually don't know your reason, cause you never seemed to enjoy playing with us. You made a plea to Dexworld admins to watch out for your kid while she played here. She played more than you did in that time period. The admins took care of her, never got a thanks for that, but no biggie. All you do is crap on us and tell us that we aren't doing things the way you prefer them to be. So I guess it's best that you take your leave. Sorry you had so much pain here and good luck to you in your gaming adventures.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:32 PM   #36
Stu Pidazole
Sorry, I don't speak tard

Nothing is over until we say it is...
Attached Images

Stu Pidazole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 05:37 PM   #37
WOLFPAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
For someone who "cares" so much about Dexworld, it's kind of strange that you haven't been on any Dexworld server in over 5 years. Get out of here with your fakeness!

If you truly cared you wouldn't be such a dick about all the time. I lost my passion for this community partly due to the same dickish attitude you displayed in this thread and partly due to the inaction a few select individuals who hold the keys to making something happen in this community. But not once have I treated them with the disrespect you constantly bring to these forums, your attitude is disgraceful and unwarranted.
Don't ever use my DICKISH line with out an ok from me....
WOLFPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:27 PM   #38
Zhang Liao
Hi! I'm an asshole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
You've bashed Dexworld on and off no matter who are on the admin teams. You've barely played here on our servers. When you did Dexworld admins never held anything against you and your past gripes on the forums. One of your posts was pretty insulting and over the top. Leadership decided not to ban you and just let you chill. Still you come back not totally in a positive manner. I actually don't know your reason, cause you never seemed to enjoy playing with us. You made a plea to Dexworld admins to watch out for your kid while she played here. She played more than you did in that time period. The admins took care of her, never got a thanks for that, but no biggie. All you do is crap on us and tell us that we aren't doing things the way you prefer them to be. So I guess it's best that you take your leave. Sorry you had so much pain here and good luck to you in your gaming adventures.
Rocket,

Let me dig deep into my fondest memories of Dexworld so I can put this as close as I can from one old friend to another. I want you guys to try. I want you guys to give her some hell. Once you get it going it feeds on it's self. The biggest seller of a server is having people on it.

Rule # 1. Never fucking start with the server you want. Always, always, always start with the server you need. (Cuss words said in a friendly way.)

You must find and plot the common characteristics among the most successful servers out there. Find what is selling and fit as much of it as you can into the server name. Sell sell sell!

The days without bots are long gone. But you never want too many. Just enough to give the first couple of guys something to shoot at. I typically like 4 bots. With 4 it will give the lone player in 2 vs 1 some bait he can use to kill the players on the other team. But once a 4th player shows up there are no more bots. This way you get the advantage of having bots while the negative effects of bots are never seen during prime time hours on a popular server.

Rule #2 Auto-Retain your fricking players!

After the Tribes 2 server Dexworld did this exactly right when they launched the counter-strike server. This was sever years before the DOD server. You absolutely must make it cost your players something they would rather not want to give up.
I worded that last part carefully. Because that is the most powerful grip you can realistically expect to maintain.

Here's how Dexworld pulled it off. I would expect virtually all of you to be able to verify the authenticity of this. They changed the dynamic of the game in two ways. FIRST, they decreased the gravity so people could jump up on boxes and each other. This created a situation where players jumping onto other servers felt disappointed when trying to jump up on a box to discover that they could not and would also experience a desire to return to Dexworld.
SECOND, They allowed boosting but only allowed people to boost I person high. This simple little change got people talking to one another. "Hey you Mr. Fizzlestix can you please give me a boost. They MUST talk to each other to get to know one another. The Admins should always be working to expand upon and build the chat into lasting fun and friendships but it works good on it's own and that is key.

After that the admin's jobs get easier well, if you do it right. Find the spunky and enthusiastic jr admins to handle all the video capture hacking ban shit.

Look we all know I'm an asshole and I've been here a really long fucking time. That means I've been Dexworld's asshole for a real long time. Rocket, I do care, in my own asshole-ish way, I really care a whole super lot.

This is very durable and doesn't really require that much work. Even doing the research on what to put into the server name is easy. If it isn't working just try something else.

Then when a large base is built up start slowly changing the server from what you need to what you want. You won't really need to boost anymore because so many people know each other that they get the new people talking. The gravity is always on. They need to regret playing somewhere other than Dexworld.
Never played on Starbuck's server because I stopped playing DOD but I bet they took our gravity setting with them.

I know I've been being an ass. And your right that Dexworld's been good to me. There is much more that a lot of other people have said that's been right too (except fluid). But ultimately it's not about me. I haven't caused anything and I'm not in a position to fix anything either. This is about you and your team Rocket. Everyone needs to know if your going to try to return Dexworld to glory or not. Let's be men here. Say "no" if the answer is no. Say "yes" if you want to give Dexworld a serious go. It's the one question here that absolutely must be answered.

Respectfully yours,

Zhang Liao

PS. I like Fluid, he's a good shit. But I still maintain that all his posts in this thread were bullshit and led no where near the core of the situation which is that question of course. His anger/dislike towards me is justified though.

PSS. Please answer that question in a yes/no format if you could. Because everything else is just BS. I'm pretty sure we have all heard enough BS by now.

[Added later] Sorry it just occurred that "Were not certain" is also a realistic answer to that question right now. But it will still need to be answered.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:28 PM   #39
Zhang Liao
Hi! I'm an asshole!

Damn that took forever
Old 12-28-2015, 08:01 PM   #40
Zhang Liao
Hi! I'm an asshole!

Oh and Dom was right. Shit like this doesn't need to linger in the forums. If/when this discussion has run it's course you have my consent to delete it. I won't go blah blah censorship blah blah about it.