Dexworld.org

Well itís finally good to see you!

Welcome to the Dexworld.org forums. We like new folks around here, so since you're not registered yet, why donít you drop us a little note so we can get to know you?

We will be more than happy to show you more of our tight little community once we know who you are.

Go Back   Dexworld.org > Game Forums > Map suggestions and scripts/plugins
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 09:25 PM   #1
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Default dod_sherman_x

I spent some time painstakingly copying sherman and added to it. Why? dont ask lol... Ive given it a third route. I will be adding more to it, but the initial version is on. Sorry Fysiks, thought it was the final, but after playing with a full server, just a few things need to be changed. Thanks for all the input guys and gals!
Old 02-16-2015, 11:07 AM   #2
[b7]fluid
‹ber

lol, I'm going to ask why!>?!?!?
Old 02-16-2015, 12:09 PM   #3
Bait
‹ber

so there's more versions to nominated?
Old 02-16-2015, 12:11 PM   #4
<eVa> Raptor
5KI|L$

I liked it. It spread things out a bit. Wasn't constantly bombarded by nades like on regular sherman.

Sherman was made as an even, duplicated on each side, CAL map. As such it was meant as a 7v 7 or 8 v 8 max. When we have 13+ on each side, it just becomes a nade fest. Run, nade, run nade, run nade. Or stay back and camp.

The version Star made, adds that opposite side which spreads things out ALOT. I don't think people realized just how many less people were running the "usual" tank route or back alley route. I kept running back alley and I only had to kill 2 or 3 guys on a full server.

Changes I would like to see...
-the new back side, needs to be a bit wider. I would mimic the current sizing of the other side.
-More cover. The two main streets are totally bereft of any kind of cover. No brush, sandbags or boxes.
-I noticed spawn camping became much easier. Like ridiculously easier due to no cover and the ability to throw a nade waaaay deep into spawn. Especially the Axis side spawn.
-You can shoot under the tank and hit someone. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
-Lastly and this is completely optional, but adding a "fourth" route would be cool. I know a few people mentioned sewers. Realistacally for the sewers I'd expect it to only run from the 2nd flag to the 2nd flag with one exit on the side of the middle tank.

Other than that, its a nice change of pace from the regular sherman nade fest and the textures are very easy on the eyes in a good way. Almost relaxing.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:35 PM   #5
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

I will do all of those things to it for you guys, then call it done

...Because I've just connected the spawns and first hills from tiger into the spawns of Sherman_x. Taking nominations for the name of it. Project name is "remix"

Old 02-16-2015, 12:45 PM   #6
<eVa> Raptor
5KI|L$

dod_gersherbuck or dod_starsherti

idk. dod_sherbuck or dod_starmen
Old 02-16-2015, 01:10 PM   #7
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Good talk
Old 02-16-2015, 01:21 PM   #8
[b7]fluid
‹ber

so I can test it out now if I go in and change the map stars?
Old 02-16-2015, 01:46 PM   #9
<eVa> Raptor
5KI|L$

oh yeah one more thing. Respawn. There aren't enough points so if people are afk in spawn you wont spawn.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:24 PM   #10
industrial windmill

Sweet!
Old 02-16-2015, 02:27 PM   #11
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Yeah, you can change it to dod_sherman_x on the server fluid

I made 20 respawn points, but I guess Ill make more! lol

Yeah, sorry bait, another sherman lol
Old 02-16-2015, 03:09 PM   #12
[AOS] Somerlot
The Duke of Stan

Send a message via MSN to [AOS] Somerlot

Here is a quick tut for Overviews Starbuck. Just read it fully and step by step. I will also look for that fancy overview background that Valve made instead of that nasty yellow background it gives you.

The good thing about overviews is that you can actually modify it in any editor if you want to add things. You can also just make your own instead of the in game pic ones. In that case, follow the tutorial, after taking the screenshot you would add a layer in the editor, and then you can trace the boundaries/walls. Just make sure its saved in the exact same format and resolution as the original screenshot.

http://www.snarkpit.net/snarkpower/a...p/24/Overviews
Old 02-16-2015, 03:41 PM   #13
Bait
‹ber

why remake when u can make your own =]. Might as well make a 4story hostile =]

square2a could use a revamp into 2-3 story one
and hunting_b3 could use a revamp
Old 02-16-2015, 04:02 PM   #14
<eVa> Raptor
5KI|L$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post

There is a hostile v2 we never play (dont know why) which adds a second side thats two stories.....
Old 02-16-2015, 04:20 PM   #15
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Quote:

Bait, at this point Ive made 3 maps, I HAVE made my own. I did this in a fraction of the time, and for fun- in the hope's that it might infuse a little life into an old favorite

Quote:
Originally Posted by <eVa> Raptor View Post
There is a hostile v2 we never play (dont know why) which adds a second side thats two stories.....
He's making fun of me. All of the Hostile variants were made by Crude though.

Thanks Somerlot, I'll check that out
Old 02-16-2015, 04:23 PM   #16
Bait
‹ber

raptor: there's also a _v3

which u can play all 3 in arow...its happened once before
the first 2 nominated cuz someone wanted to ...the third one was nominated for fun and won =[
Old 02-16-2015, 04:31 PM   #17
Bait
‹ber

sorry i just don't see the point in making a revision of a classic layout, so that it can be nominated again and again. Why not just be inspired to make a standalone WWI/II map.

there's so many other good maps that don't get played cuz no one knows them.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:46 PM   #18
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Quote:
sorry i just don't see the point in making a revision of a classic layout, so that it can be nominated again and again. Why not just be inspired to make a standalone WWI/II map.

there's so many other good maps that don't get played cuz no one knows them.
And what have I done? I have made 3 maps+ now, culminating in dod_3kings, a "standalone WWI/II map". A lot of work goes into this shit, so forgive me if things arent up to your standards...

Get in game, nominate these other maps. People will play them if you promote them genuinely. If you want people to know other maps it is a process of nominating, playing, discussing, name-dropping- and then doing it again and again. You cant just say "There are other maps I like besides the ones I hate, and Im mad that you guys cant read my mind and nominate them when you dont know their names and I do nothing but snarkily decry you for playing things you like"

If you are telling me I have to make a map based on an actual WW2 battlefield, then I will try to do that. But a little support instead of sarcasm would go a long way, as this isnt easy, and takes a lot of effort
Old 02-16-2015, 05:00 PM   #19
TotesMagoats

Star, I loved that map. Just a few tweaks here and there, and it will be gold. Everything Raptor mentioned are great suggestions, as we all felt that way last night. Overall, I like it a lot. Thank you for your work on trying to make old things new and revamped.

Ps....change the flags...lmfao
Old 02-16-2015, 05:03 PM   #20
Fysiks
‹ber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotesMagoats View Post
Ps....change the flags...lmfao
That can be changed easily without Starbuck having to re-compile (but she'll want to do it for the next iteration for sure). This assumes you are referring to the flags that are capped when a round starts.
Closed Thread