Dexworld.org

Well itís finally good to see you!

Welcome to the Dexworld.org forums. We like new folks around here, so since you're not registered yet, why donít you drop us a little note so we can get to know you?

We will be more than happy to show you more of our tight little community once we know who you are.

Go Back   Dexworld.org > Game Forums > Map suggestions and scripts/plugins
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2014, 07:48 AM   #21
Bait
‹ber

"unarguable points" is that what you had in the hockey thread? couldn't tell...but lets start some more kessel bashing its hightime.

diabetes runs in the family =[ so many casualties

* there's probably equal share of peeople who'd rather play maps other than those 3 and those who just don't care like rocket/phantom...

*while we're at the negativity...can you stop telling people instructinos about the drink game in game....it spams alot of shit over the mic...especially when those fuckers are drunk and can't understand the rules.
...just bring them to the forums to read it...better use of the forums (and you can get teh site admins to sticky the rules)

- end tirade-

Last edited by Bait; 07-23-2014 at 07:56 AM..
Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:39 PM   #22
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
"unarguable points" is that what you had in the hockey thread? couldn't tell...but lets start some more kessel bashing its hightime.

diabetes runs in the family =[ so many casualties

* there's probably equal share of peeople who'd rather play maps other than those 3 and those who just don't care like rocket/phantom...

*while we're at the negativity...can you stop telling people instructinos about the drink game in game....it spams alot of shit over the mic...especially when those fuckers are drunk and can't understand the rules.
...just bring them to the forums to read it...better use of the forums (and you can get teh site admins to sticky the rules)

- end tirade-
Your negativity? All you do is complain it seems. When you donate some money to Dexworld maybe we can talk. Until then, you have a problem with me (as it seems you have had for sometime now) take it to efytes and i (wont) read it there.

The drinking rules vary, but most the time its sober people talking over the drunk ones while im explaining, saying things like "so complicated", blah blah,.." Its not complicated, but when people just talk over the explanation, yeah, it gets jumbled. There is a mute option though.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #23
Stu Pidazole
Sorry, I don't speak tard

Drinking is a necessary part of playing DoD, eh?

Nice map to play last night. Glad I was part of the beta group. The window/stairs combination was pretty cool surrounding the middle flag. I'm always happy to get to use the scoped FG-42 too. What's going to happen about the rooftop access? You can't keep us off them?
Stu Pidazole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #24
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Im taking the rooftops out unless the low shed roof doesnt break the map by being accessible. In the next few days i should have a NON symmetrical version for bait, and it will be cool but different.

Thanks for the likes The next version should be cleaned up and streamlined
Old 07-24-2014, 05:06 PM   #25
[b7]fluid
‹ber

Yes, all maps should allow for the fgs. I'd also like the British weapons on all maps, but i can't do anything about it...unless I make a map too!
[b7]fluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:43 PM   #26
Schweppes

Looking forward to trying it out this weekend.
Schweppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #27
[b7]fluid
‹ber

next time, we'll just manually change it to clash. We had a ton of players from early on yesterday night.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:12 PM   #28
Bait
‹ber

you can just right a plugin to get those weapons...they don't have anything to do with the maps (correct me if i'm wrong fyx) ...the shotgun/flame plugins are examples...and its simpler than building maps
Old 07-26-2014, 03:15 PM   #29
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Its a combination Bait i think, because i have to set whether or not the sides are paratroopers which changes the gun load out. But maps like hostile have something else limiting them
Old 07-26-2014, 05:56 PM   #30
Bait
‹ber

quite a few servers have weapons selection mod which is a plugin so one should be able to enable it..unless ur saying a map can force a disable...which seems to go against the idea of custom skinning.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:39 PM   #31
Maniac
Spazz Out

It is weapon limitation mod, hostile has specific weapons that are limited to 0, most maps sniper is limited to 2, mg-42 to 1, etc.

When creating a map you can decide for british load out or american load out for Allies team, and paratrooper or no paratrooper for Axis.
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:13 AM   #32
Bait
‹ber

a weapons SELECTION mod will override the map startoff weapons won't it (ie ....the ones where you can type /enfield)?
as per fluids request: ALL maps should have fgs and british, is why people use the selection plugin
Old 07-27-2014, 09:35 AM   #33
[b7]fluid
‹ber

That's not going to change now bait. It's one of my wants, but I can live without it.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:04 AM   #34
Maniac
Spazz Out

That is a separate mod, and I would argue against ever having that mod; "/IWANTTHISWEAPON" mod will unbalance the game, it essentially breaks the game to allow users to use whatever gun they desire, something that the original creators of this game didn't intend. Dexworld has very few mods on the server to make gameplay smoother, but no mods intended to exploit the game unnecessarily. You want Gun-Game, or "/IWANTHISWEAPONNOW" mod then play on a server that allows that for a while, if you want fun, competitive gameplay with a great community then play on Dexworld.

To get back on subject of the thread, Starbuck, good job with another fun map. Thank you.

Last edited by Maniac; 07-27-2014 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: Damn small keyboard on my phone and fat fingers causing typos.
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:25 AM   #35
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Thanks a lot guys. It has some spots I need to make better, Ill try to have a new version soon
Old 07-27-2014, 02:57 PM   #36
Bait
‹ber

maniac how do you go from this:
----
* fluid: Yes, all maps should allow for the fgs [and british ...]
* starbuck: Its a combination (of maps and mods) Bait i think
* bait: weapons selection mod (no mapping involved)
* fluid: but I can live without it.
-----
to this
* maniac I would argue against ever having that mod...no one ever said about adding it...and talking about GUNGAME?

---
i agreee the selection mod is retarded for normally run servers
(as are most mods ie parachutes, medic, superjump...tho shotgun , piss and rock are pretty fun)
, particularly since gungame doesn't have the selection mod.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:19 PM   #37
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

HODOR!
Old 07-28-2014, 09:08 AM   #38
Stu Pidazole
Sorry, I don't speak tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
That is a separate mod, and I would argue against ever having that mod; "/IWANTTHISWEAPON" mod will unbalance the game, it essentially breaks the game to allow users to use whatever gun they desire, something that the original creators of this game didn't intend. Dexworld has very few mods on the server to make gameplay smoother, but no mods intended to exploit the game unnecessarily. You want Gun-Game, or "/IWANTHISWEAPONNOW" mod then play on a server that allows that for a while, if you want fun, competitive gameplay with a great community then play on Dexworld.
This is the case with NEO and WAR servers. I like to bring up the bren (it's easy to spell). I don't really see the unbalance play issue; it has far more to do with the skill of the player than whatever weapon they're holding. There's only about 5 or 6 active DoD servers left - Dexworld is about the only one without significant mods available.
Stu Pidazole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:40 PM   #39
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

I also wanted to say I've been mapping without the full functionality of Hammer. Usually one can select and manipulate and even texture things via 3D view, but I cant. All I can do is look around in 3D view, and sometimes when I click on it, Hammer quits to desktop. So yeah, working on like 70% efficiency for years. It like someone relearning to walk with a leg that didnt heal right
Old 08-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #40
[b7]fluid
‹ber

Stars, I was drunk and high yesterday and a little incoherent. If it sounded like I was bashing your map, I wasn't. I was chirping bait all night if that helps?