Dexworld.org

Well itís finally good to see you!

Welcome to the Dexworld.org forums. We like new folks around here, so since you're not registered yet, why donít you drop us a little note so we can get to know you?

We will be more than happy to show you more of our tight little community once we know who you are.

Go Back   Dexworld.org > General > General Nonsense
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2008, 10:15 PM   #181
Stu Pidazole
Sorry, I don't speak tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvt.-headknocker
Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

* Jack Benny

A man's only as old as the woman he feels.

* Groucho Marx
How true. In my case, she's about 45. Married for 22 years. Her D cups are holding up well against gravity (an all-natural bumpfield for you skiers) . I've got 2 boys - one in college and one's a soph in HS. They got me started on this game, and they never play it anymore. They're both into WOW - I need to send them to Warcraft detox soon.
Stu Pidazole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:22 PM   #182
Thrash Metal ist Krieg!!
Dexworld Bonor

Send a message via AIM to Thrash Metal ist Krieg!! Send a message via Yahoo to Thrash Metal ist Krieg!!

WELDING IST KRIEG.

1/16" Fluxcore (FCAW)

I recommend 28.6 volts and 212 in/min wire speed for flat/horizontal,
23.6/233 for overhead, and 23.3/212 for vertical up.

www.metal-archives.com
Thrash Metal ist Krieg!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 01:23 PM   #183
Megan
magpie

Send a message via MSN to Megan Send a message via Yahoo to Megan Send a message via Skype™ to Megan

I am a CSR for an EVIL cable company called Comcast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterPants
Megan, you can have whatever you want!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaro
I'll pimp slap that attitude across the Atlantic ocean
Megan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #184
Thrash Metal ist Krieg!!
Dexworld Bonor

Send a message via AIM to Thrash Metal ist Krieg!! Send a message via Yahoo to Thrash Metal ist Krieg!!

Ewww Comcast is my arch nemesis. They truly epitomize the stereotype of a "fuck you we'll show up and fix your cable when we feel like it" kind of company.

Plus they repeatedly tried billing me for service for the month after I disconnected my service, and turned in my cable box.

www.metal-archives.com
Old 03-17-2008, 07:03 AM   #185
Megan
magpie

Send a message via MSN to Megan Send a message via Yahoo to Megan Send a message via Skype™ to Megan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash Metal ist Krieg!!
Ewww Comcast is my arch nemesis. They truly epitomize the stereotype of a "fuck you we'll show up and fix your cable when we feel like it" kind of company.

Plus they repeatedly tried billing me for service for the month after I disconnected my service, and turned in my cable box.

If you call in and the goal is to get a retention or billing representative that has been around that just doesn't care anymore... lol.... really that is how I do my job nowadays. I have been here for 2 years now and I am certified in Billing, Sales, Retention, TV repair and I am working on advanced services repair now ... I also do mad amount of overtime... aka I am not going anywhere anytime soon because to do the amount of work I do they would need at least 2 or 3 people to replace me but I hand out credits left and right... unless you a dick to me... then you will be lucky if you get a 5 dollar credit on your account biotch...

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-17-2008, 08:21 PM   #186
Cntrlfrek!
Did I think that or say that??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan
If you call in and the goal is to get a retention or billing representative that has been around that just doesn't care anymore... lol.... really that is how I do my job nowadays. I have been here for 2 years now and I am certified in Billing, Sales, Retention, TV repair and I am working on advanced services repair now ... I also do mad amount of overtime... aka I am not going anywhere anytime soon because to do the amount of work I do they would need at least 2 or 3 people to replace me but I hand out credits left and right... unless you a dick to me... then you will be lucky if you get a 5 dollar credit on your account biotch...
You need to provide me your direct work number or someone else that doesn't care over there, lol. My Comcast "triple play" expires at the end of this month so April's bill is going to be through the roof. I will be scared to open the bill. Did I forget to mention Please, Please, Please!!!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 10:53 PM   #187
Megan
magpie

LOL I wish I could help you but you live in Michigan... if you lived in Portland I would be more than helpful... just threaten to cancel services call in to the disconnect department essentially they are trained to save triple play customers .... are you part of the 99 bundle or higher?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-18-2008, 05:34 AM   #188
buhbuhray
a.k.a. Blueberry

Send a message via AIM to buhbuhray

Talk about over advertising. I had comcast cable and on every freakin channel they had digital adverts I was getting mail adverts and and AND then they called me on my phone.....
fuck that shit.
I don't have to have cable that bad . Now I am cable free going on three years and it FEELS GREAT !\
when I really need a fix I just hook up the old antenna besides I have exponentially increased my dvd collection with the saved money and that means movies when I want .
Playing day of defeat is like being on a vacation to some wind swept tropical island where topless native women serve up pina coladas and fancy bottled beer to meet my every need as I sit on top of a tiger tank and they smile knowingly at me as I mg 42 the whole opposing team coming out of spawn !
YES !
buhbuhray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:28 AM   #189
big_fork

Not to mention their (Comcast's) position on net neutrality, but I digress (as does the thread). I guess I should throw in my two cents as well. I'm pretty old too. Class of '03. I am a Purdue grad (like Pistol Fat). I am a scalability engineer for VoIP phone systems. Been doing a lot with e-mail lately though, because it is a unified messaging product that supports web chats and e-mail interactions as well. Basically I read the Dexworld forums professionally while my tests run/fail.

Choose your poison...

Sincerely yo's,
Big Hack Pimpin A-money McNasty
Playa fo life
big_fork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:13 AM   #190
Carl
Abusive Admin

http://xkcd.com/303/

For you, Fork.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:02 PM   #191
Cntrlfrek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan
LOL I wish I could help you but you live in Michigan... if you lived in Portland I would be more than helpful... just threaten to cancel services call in to the disconnect department essentially they are trained to save triple play customers .... are you part of the 99 bundle or higher?
Yes I am a triple play bundle subscriber who pays over $100 because of additional channels. $146 to be exact. Like I said, when April's bill comes in, I can only guess how bad it will be. Should I call before April's bill is received or after the shock of it all?
Old 03-19-2008, 10:21 AM   #192
Megan
magpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cntrlfrek!
Yes I am a triple play bundle subscriber who pays over $100 because of additional channels. $146 to be exact. Like I said, when April's bill comes in, I can only guess how bad it will be. Should I call before April's bill is received or after the shock of it all?
LOL yeah I know and understand... the option is typically number 4 in our phone tree and just start saying I really like your services but I can't afford this... and just keep on saying no I cant afford my bill going higher.... it will eventually work.... don't get angry and don't yell.... that will get you no where... (for example someone who understands if we have an outage I will give a $10 credit on the account for 3-4 hours of an outage... if someone yells at me and keeps me on the phone for an unnecessary amount of time about the same outage problem I will give a DAYS worth of credit and nothing more....)

I hate to tell you this but if you don't get the answer you like the first time... try again... and DO NOT CALL IN TO THE SALES DEPARTMENT... if that happens then they will quote you a higher package... just try to get retention and keep on trying until you get what you want.... it will take time just depends on the representative... but I can tell you they don't like callers call in multiple times about the same issue so you will eventually get what you want... and if you are on the 99 bundle then it will move up to 139.00+ extras so if you have additional channels, 8mg Internet, DVR, additional boxes, I don't know.... what ever is bringing your bill up.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-19-2008, 01:00 PM   #193
Xiaro
‹ber

I'm good at calling into companies' customer help desks.. 9 times out of 10 I end up with a better deal than I had before.

Tip for the guys, if you get a woman at the help desk, be overly understanding, and nice to them. Women who work at call centres do not like being yelled at. Even when you are very disappointed in their services. If you can make them laugh, you can get them to get you the best deals. I'll admit to flirting with the girls at help desks. (Obviously not too much, cause that can be creepy) It has gotten me years worth of discounts with my cable company. I've extended 3 month "freebies" to more than 9 months, I've also gotten discounts, because of simple things like cable outages, to the point my overall bill is less than half of introductory pricing, while maintaining a VIP status.

My best accomplishment I've ever done was with my cellphone company. My contract was going to expire, and I wanted to renew it 6 months early. I went into the store where I got my phone, and was an extremely nice person. I ended up getting a Moto Q (when it was the new thing out) for nothing, all the accessories for nothing, as well as 9 months of below introductory priced billing. I did the math, I saved over 800 dollars for all the extras (from their "normal" pricing), as well as saved nearly 80 dollars on my monthly bill for those 9 months. Infact, I'm thinking about getting a new smartphone in a few months, and doing the same thing.

Americans are benevolently ignorant about Canada, while Canadians are malevolently well informed about the United States.
- J. Bartlett Brebner
Xiaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:58 PM   #194
Domnatr
Five - O

last time i called into comcast, i called the guy a fuckin asshole. the next day, the tech guy came out, and was like "hey i heard you called my boss a fucking asshole" so i said yea that was me that did that, so he said "good, cause i think he is too." no offense megan, but i do not have the nicest track record with comcast. i would probably be the one bitchin your ear off. i just hate incompetence, and that is what i usually get on the phone when i call comcast around here in michigan. grats on a job though that i wouldnt want, somebody's gotta do it.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:55 PM   #195
Cntrlfrek!

Thanks ofr the advice Megan. Hopefully the end result will be "mutually beneficial"
Old 03-20-2008, 07:47 AM   #196
big_fork

Quote:
I'll admit to flirting with the girls at help desks. (Obviously not too much, cause that can be creepy) It has gotten me years worth of discounts with my cable company.
If only they knew how creepy you were. I have a feeling calling the cable company in Canada isn't as bad as calling the cable company in the US. Case in point the CN Tower scene from Canadian Bacon. Canadians are just too god damned nice.

Choose your poison...

Sincerely yo's,
Big Hack Pimpin A-money McNasty
Playa fo life
big_fork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #197
Thrash Metal ist Krieg!!
Dexworld Bonor

"Surrender pronto, or we'll level Toronto"

www.metal-archives.com
Old 03-23-2008, 06:44 PM   #198
DaBone
5KI|L$

Send a message via AIM to DaBone Send a message via Yahoo to DaBone

I am just a simple street walker,$150.00 will get you around the world.
DaBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:34 PM   #199
travelocity
5KI|L$

Hello and welcome !!!

I'm a design student studying architecture and interior design at OCAD, largest design school in Canada. I like my life........
and i also work at school as a studio monitor, i supervise and teach some of the students tech stuff on how to use some machines since they make furnitures, prototypes and architectural models and such.

i'm hoping to get my masters afterwards

I am a ...... you guessed it..
travelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:59 PM   #200
Teargas Horse

I gots me a promojion, now I be technician. I do make it go beep and ding. Class o '87...GO LOGGERS!

Half Fast and Hoof Hearted.
Teargas Horse is offline   Reply With Quote