Dexworld.org

Well itís finally good to see you!

Welcome to the Dexworld.org forums. We like new folks around here, so since you're not registered yet, why donít you drop us a little note so we can get to know you?

We will be more than happy to show you more of our tight little community once we know who you are.

Go Back   Dexworld.org > Game Forums > Day Of Defeat Discussion
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 03:20 PM   #1
Fysiks
‹ber

Default The OFFICIAL Match Interest Inquiry

History has shown that many players are generally unable or unwilling to make and keep a commitment to a time and date for a scheduled match. Therefore, to better make an informed decision about recent inquiries regarding matches hosted at Dexworld, I would like to evaluate the overall interest of our community in the idea of having more regular matches (beyond the 2-4 per year that we currently do).

Matches would be required to be outside of the normal busy hours for the server. This typically means early in the evening (approx. 5pm to 9pm Central). It would probably be limited to 1 hour max allowing enough time for two 20 minute halves + wiggle room). Frequency of matches is beyond the scope of this inquiry at this time.

To clarify, the style of match to which I'm referring is the same as the holiday match. Teams chosen by [pseudo-]random captains on a more traditional map (I wouldn't expect a color map would ever happen). If 10 show up, match is 5v5, if 30 show up, match is 15v15.

Rules of the inquiry:
  • Those who do not have interest in having match-style gameplay, more often than we currently do, need not reply.
  • This is not a discussion or debate about matches or the given constraints and therefore any post of the like will not be tolerated.
  • Make a post if you like the idea of having regularly scheduled matches given the constraints above (one short sentence at the most describing your interest).
  • Because commitment (in a loose sense) to the community garners a certain amount of respect from others in the community (especially admins), it's important that we see that you are playing at Dexworld regularly while promoting both the rules and 'having a good time'. Therefore, I would request that you include your SteamID in your post so that we have a method of seeing how much you actually play.
  • If you are new to the community, please always play with the same name so that people can get to know you better and hopefully eventually recognize you as a member of the "[Unofficial] Dexworld Regulars Club".
  • If you know people that play at Dexworld that are also interested in this topic, encourage them to sign up on the forum (make sure they are on the lookout for an informal verification e-mail from Rocket/Dexworld.org) to show their support for the idea in this thread.

DISCLAIMER:
This is no guarantee, promise, or commitment that Dexworld will host such matches and is merely to evaluate the Dexworld regulars' interest so that the administration can make a more informed decision. Also, the decision may not come quickly because it will take time to get more people into the forums to express their interest.

Last edited by Fysiks; 03-29-2015 at 09:27 PM..
Old 03-29-2015, 09:28 PM   #2
Fysiks
‹ber

I've updated the match-type to be less ambiguous. Please keep the response as stated in the "Inquiry Rules".

Let's start this thread over.

If you have questions or comments about this inquiry, please PM me.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:35 PM   #3
Bait
‹ber

seeing as u can delete posts, i'll jsut post it here...u shoudl provide a link detailing
the style of the Holidaze match[there's one somewhere on this forum] particularly if your audience is broader than those who actually know what the holidaze match entails.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:17 AM   #4
karupt411
5KI|L$

Fysiks,

I proposed something different that I thought would generate more interest and be less of a burden for pubbers to participate. Can you please edit your post to highlight the following?

" 'Nothing But Fun Tourney' open to all levels of skill. Max 6 players per team with best of max 3 games or 1 hour max and scheduled when convenient for everyone, but likely Sunday nights, 8-9 pm EST. Teams will be SKILL BALANCED to encourage FUN!!"

I'm looking to set this up with the best chance of success so please give it a chance!!

So far from the other post, the list of players interested are:

Karupt
Starbuck
Toates
Batman

That's 1/6 the way there!!
Old 03-30-2015, 09:28 AM   #5
CanTah

Quote:
Originally Posted by karupt411 View Post
Fysiks,

I proposed something different that I thought would generate more interest and be less of a burden for pubbers to participate. Can you please edit your post to highlight the following?

" 'Nothing But Fun Tourney' open to all levels of skill. Max 6 players per team with best of max 3 games or 1 hour max and scheduled when convenient for everyone, but likely Sunday nights, 8-9 pm EST. Teams will be SKILL BALANCED to encourage FUN!!"

I'm looking to set this up with the best chance of success so please give it a chance!!

So far from the other post, the list of players interested are:

Karupt
Starbuck
Toates
Batman

That's 1/6 the way there!!

I would be down for this! as long as its on this day and time frame, so sign me up as well
Old 03-30-2015, 09:53 AM   #6
TotesMagoats

Karupt,
I'm interested in what me and a few other people have suggested months ago...What Fysiks is proposing.

You are saying this is "fun" but you are trying to dictate EVERY aspect of what would be happening. That's not very fun.

The pubbers make up Dexworld...which a good 90% of them are regulars. And at least 80% of those, aren't on the forums.

Anyways, this needs to be a community thing, not a Karupt thing. You don't need to hand pick the teams. It doesn't need to be a tournament. There doesn't need to be a max or min amount of players...IT'S FOR FUN.

*Fizzy, you can delete these....again...if need be. Sorry*
Old 03-30-2015, 12:59 PM   #7
karupt411
5KI|L$

totes, come on, lol, I never said I'm going to dictate every aspect of this. But my approach is unique and it can succeed if I can have some leeway. I am also using previous community feedback in my approach which is different than before. Listen, I haven't even started marketing this idea on the server and already we have 5/24! That's pretty good! Now let's save this trash talking for the in-game and keep this thread for players wanting to join!!

Players:

Karupt
Starbuck
Totes
Batman
CanTah
Old 03-30-2015, 01:24 PM   #8
<eVa> Raptor
5KI|L$

I'm in

BTW if you NEED 24 people (ie 6 man teams, each team will need 8 players in case people dont show up)

In other words if you NEED 24, you really should have 32
Old 03-30-2015, 04:26 PM   #9
CanTah

well I'm super stoked about it..Its been a minute and a half since I have played let alone Tournied.
Furthermore, I have missed the dickens out of all of you!

Especially MY STARBUCK!! WOOT!!
Old 03-30-2015, 05:40 PM   #10
Fysiks
‹ber

I was trying to get the answer to a very specific question (using a more scientific approach) and wanted to eliminate a bunch of 'noise' (things not directly related to the question at hand), hence the rules of the inquiry. But, clearly, that was too hard of a concept.

I give up.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:00 PM   #11
[b7]fluid
‹ber

Fysiks, don't give up!

Remember, one of the persons trolling you is Bait, and nobody cares what he thinks.

Anyways, I'm interested in playing. In my case specifically, tuesdays would be the best day to do it. I am avaiilable during the 9-10:30 that EST which roughly is in your window.

STEAM_0:1:19802245
Closed Thread