Dexworld.org

Dexworld.org (http://www.dexworld.org/forums/index.php)
-   Ban Board (http://www.dexworld.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Oh Snap! (http://www.dexworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11003)

Zhang Liao 12-23-2015 08:57 AM

Oh Snap!

I waited like 4 months to see what you guys would do with Dexworld. I heard your grandiose plans and blah blah blah. You guys aren't community leaders at all. Just a bunch of fucking posers and frauds. I posted this in the ban section so you wouldn't need to move it. Fucking lying assholes.

Zhang

Fysiks 12-23-2015 01:18 PM

Wow, what is wrong with you? You waited for everybody else to do everything . . .

If nobody in the community puts forth any effort to play on a regular basis then we can't really do much (we can't get past the "free will" thing).

Zhang Liao 12-23-2015 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fysiks (Post 136615)
Wow, what is wrong with you? You waited for everybody else to do everything . . .

If nobody in the community puts forth any effort to play on a regular basis then we can't really do much (we can't get past the "free will" thing).

Yeah well then how did I build one of the most popular DayZ servers in the world all by myself then? But you go ahead and make all the excuses you want for what is clearly weak ass effort completely void of any desire to succeed.

Fysiks 12-24-2015 12:04 AM

You chose to not go in the same direction as Dexworld. That's a decision that you made. I'm not sure why you have to be an arrogant asshole about it.

Firefly 12-24-2015 12:56 PM

Well we were told big things were happening and to wait, we waited and got a cs:go server that I can't even remember anyone bringing up. granted I wasn't for the DayZ idea either but I'll admit Zhang has proven me wrong on that and hats off to him for the dedication to get where he's at.

Maybe more people in game wanted cs:go I don't know (My PC refuses to play DoD so I can't find that out) but in hind sight this year has been pretty shocking for new online games, SW BF is a bust in my eyes just not enough content to justify the price, COD Blops3 Sucks out loud and wtf else came out this year?

Zhang Liao 12-24-2015 12:56 PM

Hopeless

Domnatr 12-24-2015 12:59 PM

A lot of us unfortunately zhang have had to come to the realization that games are not the front runners in our lives anymore. It was all great when I was a teenager and a little after, but finding time to do things and play, always gets in the way. Congrats on starting a days server, but the fact is if people do not play, you do not have a server. You could give away a million prizes and giveaways and contests, but if nobody is there to win it, it doesn't make a difference. Now I know I have been extremely absent, but doesn't mean I still don't think of the place or would love to play, just other aspects of my life are preventing that. There is no need however to come on here and bash a place that has always been welcoming you back time and time again when you have had your tirades and quitting the server. Not many places affords people those chances, but Dexworld does. Maybe we aren't really a huge grand gaming community anymore, maybe that is just a direction we should get away from. Maybe Dexworld really now is just a community. We don't need video games to find common ground with one another, because we know much much more than video games about people here. I really don't respect your decision to come to our forums though and piss on everything, that's poor form, and I for one do not appreciate it. Have a good Christmas

Zhang Liao 12-24-2015 11:14 PM

Dom everything you said about Dexworld welcoming me after my tirades is true and other stuff you said is true too I'm sure. But I'm telling the truth here too.

Domnatr 12-25-2015 12:38 AM

But is it so hard to comprehend that maybe the fight is over, maybe just lives are too busy that we cannot continue to offer what once was? I don't see what good, if any, coming on here and bitching a storm does for anyone or anything. Want it to be better, you can change that by playing and bringing people on the server. If we even get new people, the first things on the forums do we want to see someone saying pretty shitty things about dexworld? Seriously, there is a time and place for it, and as the old adage says, if you do not have anything nice to say, dont bother saying it. Christ, I would expect those frantic outbursts from a child, not a middle aged man. The only reason the coming soon was even placed there, was because I and everyone else was tired of seeing the Starbucks resignation topic. Now you are either a part of the solution, which means you will start playing on the server, or a part of the problem, which is nobody playing on the server. As friskies says, free will is still the main issue, and if peoples free will is not to play on the server, no amount of admins or streamers or clowns falling from the ceiling will fix it.

Zhang Liao 12-25-2015 10:52 AM

DOM I go searching for Dexworld's CS:GO server and I can't find it. I can easily find the DOD server though. How can people play on a CS:GO server that they can't find. Certainly this free will nonsense your talking about isn't regarding the DOD server. I mean, if I fish a lake that doesn't have any fish in it I can't blame the fish for their free will. I have to blame myself for the poor lake selection.

You say the fight is over. I say there was no fight.
You say my outbursts are like that of a child. I say the defeated attitude you guys carry on with is childish.
You guys say that you have no time for Dexworld. I say you should have vacated the position to someone more dedicated, rather than driving them all away.

You guys act like it's hard to get/keep a community flourishing but I know it's easy and fun.

I try to help and you guys tell me to take the Dexworld name off the sever and take it away. I named my server "Dexiled" for that very reason.

I'm ticked off because we have leaders that don't have any real desire to keep Dexworld going. I've been listening to all the excuses you guys constantly make for several years now. When will effort prevail and be the primary attitude around here?
If you have no desire to put forth any effort into Dexworld's future then why be an admin? Why not just step down and hang out?

Fysiks 12-25-2015 11:57 AM

I think your anger is misdirected. Most of the people in the Dexworld community (including most admins) don't even have the power to do the things that need to be done (other than play on the servers).

I don't think anyone would argue that there was poor leadership that contributed to the catastrophic event that happened circa mid-2015, leadership that was essentially non-existent and none of us could do anything about it. You met him . . . how invested did you think he was in Dexworld?

And, unfortunately, when the catastrophic event happened, it took most of the momentum out of Dexworld which is obviously hard to recover from.

Zhang Liao 12-25-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fysiks (Post 136628)
I think your anger is misdirected. Most of the people in the Dexworld community (including most admins) don't even have the power to do the things that need to be done (other than play on the servers).

I don't think anyone would argue that there was poor leadership that led to the catastrophic event that happened circa mid-2015, leadership that was essentially non-existent and none of us could do anything about it. You met him . . . how invested did you think he was in Dexworld?

And, unfortunately, when the catastrophic event happened, it took most of the momentum out of Dexworld which is obviously hard to recover from.

Ok, that entire post has the ring of truth to it.

Bait 12-25-2015 07:57 PM

oh taht says dexiled, i thought the serve name was exile

Fysiks 12-26-2015 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bait (Post 136630)

Kids and their obfuscation of the english language . . .

Zhang Liao 12-26-2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bait (Post 136630)

Nah, It says Dexiled. However, the server name is the single most important thing in a gaming community. The server name is your one shot at advertising to the random player passing by.

I couldn't just call it Dexiled. I had to get creative with the use of punctuation and such because the server will show up much higher in the sort while people search for servers if the server name starts with punctuation and symbols.

Everything appearing in my server's name is heavily researched and appears for very good reason. Every auto communication in game is to insinuate that I have something they want that they cannot get anywhere else.

[b7]fluid 12-26-2015 01:05 PM

Zhang, I really think you're taking this whole thing wayyy to close to the heart. I am not happy with a lot of things I'm passionate about but I don't go around yelling and screaming like a child because the reality is other things in life are more important to me than playing a video game.

Yes, the CS:GO server hasn't been very successful to this point, but we said we would get one and have. Yes, I've seen your success with the DayZ server and congrats, but holy shit it's a game I just couldn't play. Nobody to talk with and the gameplay continues to make me sleep. Why would I spend my precious time wasting away where there is no real communication and endless walking around. It's just not engaging enough to make me want to play at all and I gave it a chance. Granted I played in the middle of the night, but again, I tried it before and disliked it, and tried it again with your server and my feelings haven't changed.

I think DOM has made some strong points and I agree that maybe we're just a community now instead of a gaming community. Is that bad leadership to admit that? IMO no. I've said this many times before, I've been part of many dod communities and watched each of them die the same way, including the tirades you, spaceman and firefly seem to want to continue like a broken record. There's a better place for you guys to vent you anger - try youtube or an mma forum, i'm sure you'll get your rocks off there.

Don't get me wrong Zhang, I love you and loved that you were at the lan and became part of team China, but I'd prefer you bitch someplace else cause it's just tired. There have been people who've left us and have more of a right to criticize us than you, but have the decency to take the high road and move on.

Zhang Liao 12-26-2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b7]fluid (Post 136634)
Zhang, I really think you're taking this whole thing wayyy to close to the heart. I am not happy with a lot of things I'm passionate about but I don't go around yelling and screaming like a child because the reality is other things in life are more important to me than playing a video game.

Yes, the CS:GO server hasn't been very successful to this point, but we said we would get one and have. Yes, I've seen your success with the DayZ server and congrats, but holy shit it's a game I just couldn't play. Nobody to talk with and the gameplay continues to make me sleep. Why would I spend my precious time wasting away where there is no real communication and endless walking around. It's just not engaging enough to make me want to play at all and I gave it a chance. Granted I played in the middle of the night, but again, I tried it before and disliked it, and tried it again with your server and my feelings haven't changed.

I think DOM has made some strong points and I agree that maybe we're just a community now instead of a gaming community. Is that bad leadership to admit that? IMO no. I've said this many times before, I've been part of many dod communities and watched each of them die the same way, including the tirades you, spaceman and firefly seem to want to continue like a broken record. There's a better place for you guys to vent you anger - try youtube or an mma forum, i'm sure you'll get your rocks off there.

Don't get me wrong Zhang, I love you and loved that you were at the lan and became part of team China, but I'd prefer you bitch someplace else cause it's just tired. There have been people who've left us and have more of a right to criticize us than you, but have the decency to take the high road and move on.

Thanks for the big post full of bullshit Fluid.
You also showed up a little late to the party.
Do you also truly feel that encouraging the last few people that want to fight for Dexworld's future to leave? I'm fascinated by that?
DayZ is about playing with your friends. Gearing up together then Hunting as a pack.

You played alone. What did you expect?

Anyways, if you have a CS:GO server why can't I find it? If you have a CS:GO server let's get that thing hopping.

Tallgeese_lll 12-26-2015 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhang Liao (Post 136636)
DayZ is about playing with your friends. Gearing up together then Hunting as a pack.

So like every online video game?

Stu Pidazole 12-26-2015 09:07 PM

So what's the reason for posting in the ban board, Whang Chung? Sorry we're not good enough for you anymore.

Domnatr 12-26-2015 09:24 PM

Onto the point of the Dayz server though, and as much as we appreciated you going ahead and creating the server, never once did we ask you to name it after Dexworld. I realize the passion that you have, but the logistics would never work out. No matter what, you would be the owner of the server and have the final say in what happens, how it is played, and everything else. I know you stated you would add the admins, but that doesn't really do much for us. All we did was regretfully decline from being apart of it, because the control aspect was not there, not that we didn't like what you were doing. So to call it "dexiled" is a false premise, as it was more of a issue with the way you are acting at this point in time, if something went awry, you would get mad and go on a tirade as we see now. Clearly that does nothing for us and the future of the server. There will always be a future of Dexworld though zhang, I belive that whole heartedly. Maybe it won't be with games as I said before, but the community will always be around, I could guarantee that. Too many life long friendships have been made to just throw that away. I realize your feelings are a community can only last if a video game is involved, but I tend to disagree as we are all getting older, and realizing that we just can't devote the time like we used to. Maybe we also need to think of going into more on a console type thing. Just got a brand new ps4 for christmas. Could we by chance get a PS4 topic added to the forums so that we may discuss interactions in that area?